Depressing break-up music?
Jan 7, 2004 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

wab

500+ Head-Fier
My girlfriend dumped me the night before my birthday (jan 3rd). These last few nights (luckily University keeps me busy during the day) I have been listening to Smog, The Smiths, Songs:Ohia and Shostakovich (symphonies). What music would you suggest for times like this?

Jan 7, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 51
do a search on a thread i started entitled "music to get you through the tough times" in the music forum. it has alot of great suggestions. sorry i don't know how to post links but i found the thread myself.

sorry to hear about your situation, believe me you're not alone, i've been there for along time myself and it still hurts alot but as with everything else, time heals all!

Jan 7, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 51
Hey there, I love break up music. I'm a big fan of Shostakovich's symphonies. Have you heard Elgar's cello concerto with Du Pre? It was one of her last best performances before she sucumed to MS. thats really sad music.

The New Radicals did a killer break up song, but it escapes me.

I liked the Cure for getting me down.

Good luck and go treat women poorly, that always made me feel better. (just kidding)

BILL

Jan 8, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 51
Chopin: Nocturnes Op. 27 #1, Op. 72, Op. Posthumous
Prelude Op. 45
Schubert: Winterreise

Jan 8, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
Chopin: Nocturnes Op. 27 #1, Op. 72, Op. Posthumous
Prelude Op. 45

How about his marche funebre?
tongue.gif

Also good for breakups are early Tom Waits, Nick Cave, and Leonard Cohen.

And one more: "Driven to Tears" by the Police.

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by tmesis
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Beck's Sea change.

that's ok, i already did.
cool.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 51
Def Leopard - Love Bites

lol
biggrin.gif

All kidding aside sorry your relationship didn't work out. I have good news for you though... there's lots of cool chicks (or dudes, depending on preference) out there. Any girl who dumps you the night before your birthday doesn't deserve you anyway. That's just plain mean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back