Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #601 of 903
People who buy Beats won't pay $1200 for headphones, not sure who is supposed to buy the "Music Maniac" garbage products.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #602 of 903
Has anyone heard these yet?

I am interested in the AH-D600

Hoping they will sound like the D2000/D5000 but maybe a bit less bright/sibilant?

Anyone actually heard these yet?

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #603 of 903
Quote:
Has anyone heard these yet?

I am interested in the AH-D600

Hoping they will sound like the D2000/D5000 but maybe a bit less bright/sibilant?

Anyone actually heard these yet?

me too:D i think the AH-D 600 will be the sweet spot over the 7100:D

lets see:D

and the retail price:D

i think the 600 will be a more "flat" 5000 but not in a bad way:D more true to the music

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #604 of 903
I actually have nothing against the new headphone line itself. I think it looks good, and initial impressions from trusted sources are claiming that they sound great, if a bit different than Denon's older offerings. The only problem I have is that Denon may be moving in a different customer direction with these, and if they try to consumerize it they may fail and feel inclined to take great-sounding products off-market just because their commercial operations weren't a success.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #605 of 903
Quote:
I actually have nothing against the new headphone line itself. I think it looks good, and initial impressions from trusted sources are claiming that they sound great, if a bit different than Denon's older offerings. The only problem I have is that Denon may be moving in a different customer direction with these, and if they try to consumerize it they may fail and feel inclined to take great-sounding products off-market just because their commercial operations weren't a success.

What have people said about the sound? How do they differ from the old/current denons? Less bass? Less treble? Do you have a link? Thanks

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #606 of 903
Quote:

What have people said about the sound? How do they differ from the old/current denons? Less bass? Less treble? Do you have a link? Thanks

I haven't saved any links, but a few trusted Japanese headphone reviewers have gotten initial impressions with driver tuning stated by Denon as being 98% faithful to what they hope for the final version, and some impressions are also posted earlier in this thread.

In general the sound of the D7100 is more neutral than the previous Denon flagship, with a slightly more analytical flair. However, it still retains some warmth and involvement, and is supposed to be very well-rounded from what I've heard. I've yet to get my hands on a pair, but I'm hoping they live up to those reports.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #609 of 903

Moar bass.

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #611 of 903
So what are peoples opinions on the new Denons? I really cant be bothered to trawl through a 40 page thread looking for the impressions....

Could someone who has read the thread sum up how the new ones sound pleeease?

More / less bass?

More / less treble?

Recessed midrange?

Soundstage?

Would be great if someone could quickly summarise what others have said about the D600 and D7100! I am sure others would be interested as well as me.

Any news on pricing also?

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #613 of 903
Jul 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #615 of 903
Quote:
So what are peoples opinions on the new Denons? I really cant be bothered to trawl through a 40 page thread looking for the impressions....

Could someone who has read the thread sum up how the new ones sound pleeease?

More / less bass?

More / less treble?

Recessed midrange?

Soundstage?

Would be great if someone could quickly summarise what others have said about the D600 and D7100! I am sure others would be interested as well as me.

Any news on pricing also?

How can they be reviewed when the production versions have not yet been released--even to a group of "reviewers" hand picked by Denon.  Patience Grasshopper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back