Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
May 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #211 of 903
Quote:
Or popcorn...

popcorn.gif

Maybe I should be the first one up for the challenge of buying the D7100 and modding them with wooden cups??
wink.gif

They have wooden cups.

May 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #212 of 903
I absolutely 100% dislike the d7100s look but if it seals alot better than the d7000 and has better sound quality, it'll probably still be a winner. Price is really high though.

May 31, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #216 of 903
Quote:
The end result is a headphone that tries to be all things to all people like a product designed by politicians.  It's young, hip, stylish, top neutral performance, and pricy.   So it can be bought by young faddish people concerned about style who have golden ears for impeccable audio performance and are old enough to have saved $1.1k for a headphone.   Sounds like the demographic of about a dozen people.   And those dozen probably won't be trading in their Orpheus
tongue_smile.gif

May 31, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #220 of 903
Don't know if this has been posted but...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57443746-47/denons-awesome-new-headphones/?tag=mncol;txt

My apologies if it's a redundancy. This thread is moving pretty fast.

Ol' Steve says they're "vastly better sounding" than the D7000.

May 31, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #221 of 903
Quote:
Don't know if this has been posted but...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57443746-47/denons-awesome-new-headphones/?tag=mncol;txt

My apologies if it's a redundancy. This thread is moving pretty fast.

Ol' Steve says they're "vastly better sounding" than the D7000.

I don't trust anything CNET says. They will say just about anything that brings publicity and other 'economic benefits' to them is good, just look at their take on the Beats and Bose. In fact, I don't trust anything anybody says who has their finger in the pie, so to speak.

$1299? Yep, definitely overpriced. Moving on.

May 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #222 of 903
So here's a thought... what do you think the new Denons will do to businesses like Lawton Audio? Do you think the limited supplies of D5000s and D7000s will help or hinder them? I could see it being an initial boost at first, given an increase in desirability of the D7000 once the D71000 hits, but in the long run dwindling supplies may be problematic.

Quote:

I don't trust anything CNET says.

A reasonable stance to take.

May 31, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #223 of 903
Quote:
So here's a thought... what do you think the new Denons will do to businesses like Lawton Audio? Do you think the limited supplies of D5000s and D7000s will help or hinder them? I could see it being an initial boost at first, given an increase in desirability of the D7000 once the D71000 hits, but in the long run dwindling supplies may be problematic.

Again, considering that the D5000 and D7000 are already heavily discounted right now and still not being sold out with their "limited runs" I really doubt they are as popular as people here think they are, so I'm scratching my head as to what makes people think that the introduction of the new phones would suddenly make the old ones desirable besides the subjective bias against the design of the new phones, especially if the consistent reports that the new phones are better sounding in every way than the old phones holds water.  

The only scenario where I can see the old phones started selling better is that the current pricing for both old and new ones holds (which means the D5000 and D7000 would be about 40~50% cheaper than the new ones) AND that the performance difference between the phones are perceived as minimal.  With that plus the design preference then I can see a sudden surge in demand for the old ones.

May 31, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #224 of 903
Quote:

Again, considering that the D5000 and D7000 are already heavily discounted right now and still not being sold out with their "limited runs" I really doubt they are as popular as people here think they are, so I'm scratching my head as to what makes people think that the introduction of the new phones would suddenly make the old ones desirable besides the subjective bias against the design of the new phones, especially if the consistent reports that the new phones are better sounding in every way than the old phones holds water.  

The only scenario where I can see the old phones started selling better is that the current pricing for both old and new ones holds (which means the D5000 and D7000 would be about 40~50% cheaper than the new ones) AND that the performance difference between the phones are perceived as minimal.  With that plus the design preference then I can see a sudden surge in demand for the old ones.

The demand for the older models could also be self-fulfilling where people start buying the older models in anticipation that their demand will rise due to them being discontinued. This may raise the price in theory but ultimately all that really happens is you start seeing more D5000s and D7000s floating around FS forum and eBay, pushing the price down. The price could even go lower than before if people genuinely believe the newer models are far superior, and those who bought the D5000s and D7000s in anticipation of rising demand find themselves unable to sell them off quickly.

This is all in theory, of course.

May 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #225 of 903
The joining of fiber glass and mahogony actually looks really nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back