Denon modders...need some supplies?
Jul 2, 2008 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Golden Monkey

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I did the earpad mod on my D2000's, and I had to buy a bag of Polyfil and a pack of cups. Now I have a boatload left over. A couple of folks inquired via PM about it, and I've sent some off, so I'm just throwing this out there to the rest of you. If you'd like enough to mod your cans, send me a PM, and I'd be happy to ship it out, no cost to you. Offer only for the US and Canada, please...I don't mind eating the shipping for North America, but I can't cover the cost to the UK. Anyway, let me know how many sets you plan on modding, if you need the plastic cups as well, and where to ship, and it's yours while supples last. Thanks!

NOTE: I DO NOT have any Dynamat, so don't ask, lol...

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 16
The Golden Monkey rocks! What a nice and generous offer.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 16
Damn Moon, too bad you sold yours...I coulda hand delivered!

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn Moon, too bad you sold yours...I coulda hand delivered!

no, not bad at all
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, not bad at all
biggrin.gif

Nah, it would have been a good chance to compare and demo some other equipment...

And as much as I'd love to visit YOU, a trip to Holland is definitely out.
biggrin.gif

Too bad about Euro 2008...I thought The Oranje would be pushing for a place in at least the Semifinals...

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Nah, it would have been a good chance to compare and demo some other equipment...

And as much as I'd love to visit YOU, a trip to Holland is definitely out.
biggrin.gif

Too bad about Euro 2008...I thought The Oranje would be pushing for a place in at least the Semifinals...

I was surprised they were ousted by the Russians given how well the Oranje played in group stages! =P

Maybe someday, Monkey, I can audition your modded Denons as I'm curious about how well they sound compare to stock. Your Klipsch system sounds interesting too! How much did that cost you?

You can try my Stax and RE1...

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 16
At least we were spared a boring Germany/Italy final. Spain were the class of the tourney, and I'm SO happy they won (being a Liverpool fan, I was pleased for Torres, Alonso, and Reina to finally win something big). Russia and Turkey were pretty damn fun to watch as well...

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 16
Wow...the Klipsch rig is a disaster these days, lol...ever since we moved, I have not been able to mount my surrounds because I want to run the speaker wire in-wall, but we haven't gotten around to it yet, so it's only 3.1 right now, lol. Let's see...the KG 5.2's I got back in like '95-'96, and I think they were like $699 each at the time. The Ref 12 sub was $600, the Ref center was $349 or so, the RSX-5's were around $300 each, and the bi-polars were demos that were $200 each. If I had to do it all again, I'd do it diffrerently, but the system is LOUD, that's for sure. I put all this together over the years, with no real regard to synergy or hi-fidelity...I just went with what sounded best in the ol' Good Guys demo rooms...this was in my uninformed dark ages, lol...

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 16
Offer still stands, just let me know if you need some stuff folks. Got a few takers so far. I'll begin shipping out on Monday.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 16
Hey guys, just a quick not for everyone that sent me a PM...I haven't been able to ship out yet, but I promise I will first thing tomorrow morning. I'll send you a PM to confirm. Thanks!

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #13 of 16
I shipped out supplies to barqy, CountChoc, HeadphoneAddict, and senns&nonsense, but I stil have plenty available, if anyone wants fill and cups.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

I shipped out supplies to barqy, CountChoc, HeadphoneAddict, and senns&nonsense, but I stil have plenty available, if anyone wants fill and cups.

Yo, I'm in!!

No I"M IN....

PM Sent!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back