Denon D7000s -- Hot Ears
Aug 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
Do any other D7000 owners out there have issues with their ears getting hot?  I love these headphones to death, but listening for long periods during the summer is difficult due to how hot my ears get.  Are there any possible remedies for this?

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
Do any other D7000 owners out there have issues with their ears getting hot?  I love these headphones to death, but listening for long periods during the summer is difficult due to how hot my ears get.  Are there any possible remedies for this?

A/C!

But seriously. I have A/C and it has hit 45 degrees Celsius here with humidity, and I have had 0 comfort issues wearing them inside my house.

Other than that, it would seem the pads could very well be prone to heat/sweat... so unless maybe those Jmoney after market pads are any different, you are a little stuck.

Best of luck!

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 11
Of course it tends to get hot specially right now with the weather,but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the cans.
Also i did a little modification by covering the the leather pads with thin linen pads same with the k701/601/ beyers pads

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:

This is extremely dangerous. Not only for the headphones, but for you. Your health is at stake.
I think it's imperative that you send me these horrible killer cans immediately !

wink_face.gif

Short of that, I've had very good luck with the velour on my DT880's. Maybe you can get some that fit the D7000.

shane

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Some interesting ideas here.  I did consider the JMoney pads but I heard they can also change the sound.  I use the central A/C in our house during the summer, but some days for whatever reason it's just too warm in this room.  I'm considering some good IEMs for at work and really hot days at home.  But I know that I would have to spend a LOT of money to come close to the D7000s with a pair of IEMs.

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 11
I never had that problem (although I did have a pair of 5000's) but I don't see the big difference in pads?

And also, sorry for the un-related question, but does anyone know what specific type of conversion jack I would need for a pair of 7k's to fit my ipod jack? I am probably going to purchase the 7k's, but I don't know what type of jack to get.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 11
All leather ear pads are going to get warm they do not breath like velour, especially close type phones. Remember the design of a headphone as a transducer that generates current which equates to heat.

the lower the impedance the more heat as in the case of the D7000 at 28 ohms.

Enjoy music

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
All leather ear pads are going to get warm they do not breath like velour, especially close type phones. Remember the design of a headphone as a transducer that generates current which equates to heat.

the lower the impedance the more heat as in the case of the D7000 at 28 ohms.

Enjoy music

25 ohm, no?

And, I could be wrong, but isn't it distortion from an underpowered amp that generates heat in the driver (which is very bad for the voice coil)

But I think either way the OP is a little stuck with a hot headphone. Although a very good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back