Denon D5000, D7000 comments
May 20, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #46 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's official? I won the whole internet. Al Gore is going to be pissed.

*initiates beginning stages of world domination*

That's funny, I brought some facts to the debate and you brought a stinky hand towel you keep by your sofa. GENIUS!!

Go ahead, Defend Grados ad Copy as i've pointed out for what, 5 posts now???? They describe where the drivers change, why would I argue with the factory?? All I'm doing is adopting the company line here, what are you after?

May 20, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #47 of 159
This has been both an enlightening and entertaining thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And for that deep sub hit, try 'Sk8r Boi' by Avril Lavigne...just before she sings the first words there's this ultra-low sub hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes.

Man, your killin' me!

May 20, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #48 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's funny, I brought some facts to the debate and you brought a stinky hand towel you keep by your sofa. GENIUS!!

Go ahead, Defend Grados ad Copy as i've pointed out for what, 5 posts now???? They describe where the drivers change, why would I argue with the factory?? All I'm doing is adopting the company line here, what are you after?

confused.gif

You haven't brought even one fact to this discussion. Delusion perhaps?

I already covered your ad copy regurgitation in my second reply to you. Post #33. Once again, the only two Grado models that share the same driver are the 125 and 225, the only difference being that the 225's are more closely matched.

If you weren't acting in such foolish haste to try and type something witty in capitalized words you might have noticed that already.

May 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #49 of 159
Quote:

confused.gif

You haven't brought even one fact to this discussion. Delusion perhaps?

I already covered your ad copy regurgitation in my second reply to you. Post #33. Once again, the only two Grado models that share the same driver are the 125 and 225, the only difference being that the 225's are more closely matched.

If you weren't acting in such foolish haste to try and type something witty in capitalized words you might have noticed that already.

There's 10 models of Grados, how many drivers do you think there are??? Tell us ohh great Oracle, please tell us?

May 20, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #50 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's 10 models of Grados, how many drivers do you think there are??? Tell us ohh great Oracle, please tell us?

Yeah, it's clear, you don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to Grado.

There are actually 14 different models of Grados, 17 if you count the SR100, SR200, and SR300. Considering the 125 and 225 use the same, that makes 13 different drivers. It's pretty simple math.

May 20, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #51 of 159
Quote:

Yeah, it's clear, you don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to Grado.

There are actually 14 different models of Grados, 17 if you count the SR100, SR200, and SR300. Considering the 125 and 225 use the same, that makes 13 different drivers. It's pretty simple math.

Heh, well, you've answered the desperation of your conviction for sure!!

I'll bet you live on the street in London...

I think I ran into you recently...
>>
>>
Busey.jpeg

>>
>>

May 20, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #52 of 159
Quote:

ok dude, where is this proof that they are so many unique drivers? Please link or quote your source, because I had previously looked myself and never found any proof besides speculation. How is the SR225 driver different from the 325 driver for example? Just because they sound different isn't proof by itself because the enclosure, porting, venting or construction can change the sound

Note: I am not claiming they are or are not different, if you're going to be slinging mud at each other, please back it up for the rest of us who don't understand where these claims are coming from

May 20, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #53 of 159
as for the OP, I think this a good thread. The differences between the various Denon models is various levels of refinement and small incremental variances in signature. For me, I probably would have been very happy with the D5000, but it was a no brainer to jump at the D7000 for only slightly more (especially if I plan to keep it for years to come). If I had the D5000, I would not have jumped at the D7000. I do appreciate the subtle difference between the D5000/D7000 especially the extra impact of the bass, but at the same time, I think the D5000 is practically as enjoyable

May 20, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #54 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok dude, where is this proof that they are so many unique drivers? Please link or quote your source, because I had previously looked myself and never found any proof besides speculation. How is the SR225 driver different from the 325 driver for example.

First, I dissected every grado I owned. Just as a matter of course I'll tear into a few to shoot pix with the newspaper in the background if need be.

2nd, it just plain don't make sense to have multiple drivers. Nobody else does it, and Grados ad copy would mention every driver upgrade or change.

This makes Sublte's reign of Nonsense as being FOS.

Read his previous posts to see his points, HE SUCKS GRADO!!

I think there are at most 3 Grado Drivers, possibly 4. This just irritates the hell out of people like Subtle who think Grado are special.

May 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #55 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok dude, where is this proof that they are so many unique drivers? Please link or quote your source, because I had previously looked myself and never found any proof besides speculation. How is the SR225 driver different from the 325 driver for example? Just because they sound different isn't proof by itself because the enclosure, porting, venting or construction can change the sound

Note: I am not claiming they are or are not different, if you're going to be slinging mud at each other, please back it up for the rest of us who don't understand where these claims are coming from

Ironically enough "the source" is the same one les garten is attempting to use, yet failing to prove his point. The Grado website.

Grado Labs, Inc.

Take a look at the FR numbers and read the written descriptions. It says it better than I ever could. The only model in their line that they haven't posted the numbers for yet is the new PS-1000.

May 20, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #57 of 159
Quote:

Ironically enough "the source" is the same one les garten is attempting to use, yet failing to prove his point. The Grado website.

Grado Labs, Inc.

Take a look at the FR numbers and read the written descriptions. It says it better than I ever could. The only model in their line that they haven't posted the numbers for yet is the new PS-1000.

Has anybody told you recently that you are a Whack Job? I'm thinkin' they have!

I basically lined out how the ad copy shows where the drivers are the same and where they are not. You NEVER addressed that. You seem to think Grado has 487 drivers? Or something like that, unlike every other companies out there who seem to have only a few drivers. I gotta say, "what is wrong with you"?

May 20, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #58 of 159
Quote:

Grado Labs, Inc.

I might not qualify to give my opinion based on limited experience but it's not surprise multiple driver being reuse and they will not stupid enough to state that on the official website. They can just tune them and make another product out of that. People who disamble the D5k and D2k found out that both of them share the same driver but it will never listed on any Denon website for them to make sales.

My 2 cent.

May 20, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #59 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by teNtiOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might not qualify to give my opinion based on limited experience but it's not surprise multiple driver being reuse and they will not stupid enough to state that on the official website. They can just tune them and make another product out of that. People who disamble the D5k and D2k found out that both of them share the same driver but it will never listed on any Denon website for them to make sales.

My 2 cent.

It's even more interesting with Grado. They delineate thier drivers on their website. Then it's well known about substitution when the crap hits the fan at rhe company. I like my Grados, but I'd like to think I'm not an Idiot about them either...

May 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #60 of 159
Quote:

Grado Labs, Inc.

Is that your proof? You have to do better than that. Yes I read the marketing descriptions very carefully and I concluded there are at most 4 different drivers, or as few as 3. Show me exactly where you read differently from that website. I'm being serious. I have no stake in this but to understand the truth.

FR numbers alone is not proof of different drivers. All it means is that the headphone sounds different from the next model, which is highly affected by the enclosure, venting, construction. If you take the exact same driver, cover the earcup with a different material, you've affected the FR. If anything the different FR numbers, to me, means that Grado has fine tuned the sound using different padding/earpads, changed the material of the earcups (wood/metal/plastic), changed the earcup backing venting (mesh/wire), volume of the earcup/coupling, and by changing to OFC wiring in the motor structure (all evident in the written descriptions), but it does not mean the drivers are different.

Again, I'm being serious, please show me exactly where you read that there is a difference in the physical construction of the driver itself. By driver, I mean the actual part that is the transducer including the motor structure, not the parts surrounding it, the enclosure, or any part of the frame.

Based the exact same criteria, I would conclude the D2000 and D5000 driver are the same, but the D7000 driver is a different driver because the motor structure characteristics was changed by a new magnet part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back