Denon D2000 amping help.
Jan 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Weisskopf

New Head-Fier
I just recently bought a pair of Denon D2000s.  They are my first pair of decent headphones, and I know just enough to know that an amp is needed.  However, after researching options for hours on end I'm becoming hopelessly lost.  I'll be running them through my Mac and don't stay in the same place for more than a couple days, so I just figured that a portable amp would be ideal.  I'm also on a budget of about $250.  So what options do I have and what would you guys suggest for a first-timer?

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Here are a few you may wanna check out:

The FiiO E7/E9 combo. ($200)

The Little Dot 1+. ($104 No DAC)

The iBasso D6. ($275)

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 7
I've been researching this for weeks and still don't feel like I've gotten anywhere.  Felt like picking a Headphone was far easier than diving into the tech specs of amps.

I keep hearing that solid state amps are great for the D2k's, but no one mentions why or what that means.  

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 7
there's also the arrow 3g.

even more so, there are few comparisons between full size amps and portable amps. I mean i'm sure they make a noticeable difference because my d2k's sound better on my onkyo home theatre amp, but it's too far away from my computer to make it usable. Hence, I want to purchase a headphone amp.

But like you, i'm guessing, i only have enough $ to or want to spend $ on one amp only.

i had my eyes on the xm5, (the xm6 is coming out soon?), then the d4 (d6 out now), and the arrow. good luck searching for a very direct and obvious comparison between the three. let me know if you find one.:)

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I hear the Little Dot I+ is the best for D2000's.

I would not use the term 'best' because sound is subjective 

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7

How about the Electric Avenues PA2V2?  I too have a d2000 recabled to a 4ft moonaudio silverdragon.  The mids came out a bit more but I only have the D10 Cobra running it at the moment.  I was interested in a desktop amp.  What would be a good amp that isn't too big but a dedicated amp for home use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back