Denon D2000 / AKG drivers?
Jun 5, 2020 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

m0b1liz3

100+ Head-Fier
I had a sudden thought the other day about what I would do if the drivers died in my D2000s. AKG makes a newer version of essentially the same design right? Has anyone ever managed to source replacement drivers?

Jan 8, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I hope you have still a live D2000? For the same reason, because of the fear that the drivers on the old one will die, I keep the almost new as a fallback. But it something dragged on.. the drivers on the old stubbornly do not want to die :)

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Mine are still living though one of the ear cups have fallen off. Just need to fix it, put on some new pads and cover or replace the headband if I can. They're still brilliant headphones

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 6
I had a sudden thought the other day about what I would do if the drivers died in my D2000s. AKG makes a newer version of essentially the same design right? Has anyone ever managed to source replacement drivers?
Is it AKG? I thought the Denon D2000 drivers were Fostex OEMs, which would be found in the Fostex series (TH-X00, TH610, TH900) and E-MU Teak variants.

Jan 9, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Mine are still living though one of the ear cups have fallen off. Just need to fix it, put on some new pads and cover or replace the headband if I can. They're still brilliant headphones
If you are going to change the pads, you can use the original damping rings that are sewn inside the old ones, with them will be closer to the original sound

Jan 9, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Is it AKG? I thought the Denon D2000 drivers were Fostex OEMs, which would be found in the Fostex series (TH-X00, TH610, TH900) and E-MU Teak variants.

It's indeed Foster(aka Fostex) drivers in D2000 AFAIK, I don't know where he got AKG from. AKG drivers are quite different looking, and sounding, and are used in cans with very different type of cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back