Denon d1001 black or silver
Mar 24, 2010 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

2rooi123

1000+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering why the frequency graph on the headroom site read both headphones with a different frequency graph from each other when they are actually the same model with different colors. Anyone care to explain and elaborate? Since i just got the silver one. Maybe the black has a stronger bass and better sq? hope to hear from all soon

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 9
I've owned both. Prefer the blacks because of the stealth look. The two are exactly the same with the difference of some older versions didn't include minor accessories. IMHO, I would take the graphs with a grain of salt, as the subtle differences of the graphs on headroom is nearly impossible to detect. If want to change the SQ, recable and dynomat the cups.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 9
That sucks. Regarding the graph, unless you have super human hearing, or one with "golden ears", I highly doubt that most people could tell the difference. The two colors are made with exactly the same materials and most importantly the same drivers and cable. I don't want make any claim, but possibly the graph for one of the two could be incorrect.

That's all I have to contribute to your thread. Good luck with your silver D1001. They are great performing cans for the price.

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #9 of 9
Bass distorts on amps with high gain but low power. 

As for the black vs silver FR, it could be due to the slight difference in placement on the dummy heads ear when measuring. In fact Ive seen bigger differences on some left to right channels of the same headphones than the difference between the graph of the black and the silver model of the d1001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back