denon ahd2000 and imac and hrt headstreamer???
May 1, 2012 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

josecu

New Head-Fier
Hello good morning,

I´m from  Spain and i would like to apologies for my english level.

I have a imac and the denon ahd 2000 and i would like to buy a dac hrt headstreamer for have a better sound from my imac.
You think that the Denon sounded good with headstreamer hrt?

I have other opcion to improve headphone imac and get the most out of Denon with the imac?

Thank you.

May 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 8
You need a headphone amplifier to go with the HRT streamer.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 8
I have a Headstreamer on the way and will compare its performance to the headphone out on my iMac when it arrives. I will report back.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Ive had the Headstreamer a couple of days now and it's a big improvement over the stock analog out on my iMac which I bought in 2007. I was able to plug the HeadStreamer into my iPad as well using the T3 USB adapter with the CCK to fake out the power requirements. The sound was pretty bad in that case. Overall, the product is a keeper. I feel it's a better deal than the uDAC2 from NuForce since the HRT is made in the US and had a MUCH better quality analog volume control. No balance tracking problems to worry about.

May 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
You need a headphone amplifier to go with the HRT streamer.

The Headstreamer, as he has mentioned, has a built in analog amp as well as the DAC and is designed with a headphone out specifically for headphones. I know this is an old thread but thought I'd clear this up for others reading this. I don't have the Denon but a SoundMagic HP100 and also using a Mac (perhaps a little newer) and the improvement is impressive. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the differance is like when ones ears pop from pressure and your hearing suddenly increases in volume. detail and sound stage, this is the best way I can describe the improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back