DENON AH-D7100 at 50% - to buy or not to buy?
Apr 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nygaard

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers,

I'm in a "tough" situation here and need some help to make this decision :wink:

I currently own the AH-D600 and an Audiolab M-DAC. I'm very pleased with the DENONs - actually the only thing I dislike about them, is the not-so-exclusive design and choice of materials.
Thing is that I now can get my hands on the 7100 at half price (brand new), but I am not able to try them before buying. Of course I will be able to return them if I don't like them, but as we all know, it takes time for a new set of cans to really open up and reach their potential. So I don't think that do me any good.

My question is then - do I take this amazing offer or pass?
Honestly there are a lot of other cans I'm more in love with (because of design and build quality), like the B&W P7 - they look like a steal at the price!
But on the other hand, getting a set of ultra high-end cans at half price is almost too good a deal to pass!

Thoughts?

Apr 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 4
Probably worth reading more about them on their (d7100) dedicated thread. A fair few say that the D600 is very close to the level of the D7100 and upgrading is not worth is sound wise - I have not heard it though, so YMMV of course.

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 4
If u like the new denon sound, n want a more refined model...n not plan on selling it soon...Go ahead if it is 500bucks. ? Jus saying:)

P7 is a beau....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back