Denon AH-D7000
May 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #5,431 of 7,457
Quote:
That thos not make any sense. They should be obligated (like in the automotive industry) to carry spare parts for the discontinued model for several years.

I agree but the OEM had no parts and Denon has no headphones and they corporate office has no idea what their customer service center does in Texas. Just poor service and worse yet no communication unless I call and they still do nothing. Anyone buying these discontinued products need to realize unless you getting a steep discount and a Square Deal Warranty you are on your own. Bad business for sure

May 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #5,432 of 7,457
Quote:
I agree but the OEM had no parts and Denon has no headphones and they corporate office has no idea what their customer service center does in Texas. Just poor service and worse yet no communication unless I call and they still do nothing. Anyone buying these discontinued products need to realize unless you getting a steep discount and a Square Deal Warranty you are on your own. Bad business for sure

Maybe instead of talking to Denon you should be with Fostex
deadhorse.gif

May 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #5,434 of 7,457
Quote:
I have a feeling they dont even know what they did with my headphones

Stupid people... Im sorry youre having to go through this...
Quote:
They better refund you with the MSRP$

That would be awesome as they are still available everywhere to rebuy for probably less. However they would probably want to see a receipt for purchase price.
Quote:
I hope they don't "upgrade" you to the new D7100 line...

Oh man, if its those in the pics that have been floating around THAT would suck!

May 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #5,438 of 7,457
May 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #5,440 of 7,457

I don't follow through this thread frequently, but I have an idea that you didn't get your AH-D7000 repaired for some time.

Did you say that you already shipped your headphones for repairs? If so, which one? Last year, I had contacted Panurgy if they could repair my headphones. This past week, I contacted Panurgy if they will provide repair services for the headphones. They replied back that as long as they receive parts, they will continue repairing them. I'm also given Denon's phone number 201-762-6665 if they will continue provide parts. I'm not sure if I am of much help, but I hope that if you give them a call, you can figure out if they have parts or not.

May 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #5,441 of 7,457
Quote:
I don't follow through this thread frequently, but I have an idea that you didn't get your AH-D7000 repaired for some time.

I sent them in the day they broke on 4/17 they have the screw but Pangury decided that they did not want  to put the screw in and replace the kinked cable. They have no more stock and they have been discontinued and they have zero parts to repair them except screws.  I wish they just would screw them in and send them back but I dont even know if they know what they did with them anymore and if your using Denon I would suggest using Pans in Vineland at least they let you know whats going on. Panurgy  is clueless and the tech was trying to tell me the cable was  made of gold wire. So that what I been dealing with for almost a month.

May 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5,442 of 7,457
I sent them in the day they broke on 4/17 they have the screw but Pangury decided that they did not want  to put the screw in and replace the kinked cable. They have no more stock and they have been discontinued and they have zero parts to repair them except screws.  I wish they just would screw them in and send them back but I dont even know if they know what they did with them anymore and if your using Denon I would suggest using Pans in Vineland at least they let you know whats going on. Panurgy  is clueless and the tech was trying to tell me the cable was  made of gold wire. So that what I been dealing with for almost a month.

That's really weird. I had no problems with the repair last time, but thanks for the heads up.

If you wish to get a brand new one, I think this site is a good site: http://www.diymicro.com/_CGI/MODEL?KEY=DEN:AHD7000
Here are the reviews: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DIY_Micro

I haven't figured out if I want to get a brand new one yet, but if I do, I plan on calling them beforehand.

May 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #5,444 of 7,457
How do the D7000s perform with gaming? I will be playing The Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, Starcraft I & II, the Diablo series and maybe Bioshock, Borderlands, Guild Wars, Dead Space, and RAGE. The list of games probably doesn't help much, but how does the D7000 perform for computer games? 

Gaming would be second to music, but I am still quite interested. I listen to mostly acoustic music such as Punch Brothers, The Frames, and The Civil Wars. I've not heard that the D7000 are the ideal set of cans for this music, but how will they fair? I can get a pair for under $500, so answer in terms of value (price x performance).

Thanks!

May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #5,445 of 7,457
Here's a quote off my gaming guide:

Denon D7000

Normally, I wouldn't be recommending you spend anywhere near the price of the D7000 for gaming needs, but since I happen to own them, I'll go ahead and critique them. This may or may not be a surprise, but they are absolute gaming monsters. Despite them being closed, there is a ridiculously great soundstage, with plenty of depth and width. Pinpointing directional sounds around you is a BREEZE. Detail is in everything you can focus on. If you happen to own the D7000 and something with Dolby Headphone, you need not look further for your pleasureable gaming needs. The bass is so magnificently present without it smearing over the rest of the frequencies. The mids are rich though obviously taking a slight step back because of the bass and pronounced treble. The treble is sparkly but nowhere near the emphasis of the DT990s. They are also GREAT for hardcore gaming, but in all honesty, the bass is so good, you'll find yourself paying attention to it when you should be picking up the finer details, which is why I'd still choose something with quicker, and less present bass like the AD700, K701, HD598, and even DT990 for hardcore gaming. Still, yes, they can do it all.

Fun: 10/10

Competitive: 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back