Denon AH-D7000
May 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #5,372 of 7,457
checked with the OEM on my D7K repair they are sending to Denon for replacement as they said the cup and cable replacement mor than sending me new headphone. Sound like they dont know what they are doing. Denon said they dont have it can take two weeks opr more for them to replace it. I need to call them in two weeks and they already have had this since 4/19. it getting to be a nightmare and they couldnt tell me at Denon if they had any replacements.

May 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #5,373 of 7,457
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope they get you sorted with a new pair in short order.

I've only had mine for a few days and listened to them only a few hours in total ..... but man these are great. Very capable, very comfortable, very enjoyable (alliteration fail :frowning2: ). They have already become my cans of choice for all things strings. And, I've only listened to them out of a DAP (DX100) thus far. Considering the money they can be had for at the moment, these are fantastic headphones.

May 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #5,374 of 7,457
Quote:
checked with the OEM on my D7K repair they are sending to Denon for replacement as they said the cup and cable replacement mor than sending me new headphone. Sound like they dont know what they are doing. Denon said they dont have it can take two weeks opr more for them to replace it. I need to call them in two weeks and they already have had this since 4/19. it getting to be a nightmare and they couldnt tell me at Denon if they had any replacements.

Sorry to hear you're getting the runaround, Frank... the discontinuation of Denon's current lineup suggests that more issues like this probably lie ahead. In the meantime, I'm treating my D7000 very carefully.

I've also found that using the D7000 straight out of my 3rd gen iPad produces far better than acceptable sound quality. I've basically abandoned the idea of finding a battery-op portable to go with my iPad and D7000 because I'm quite satisfied with the combination unamped.

May 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5,375 of 7,457
I cant understand why they did not just put a cable on and replace the screw. I wou;d even take it back with the screw. Sounds like the OEM is screwed up OEM trying to say the kinked cable is a 400.00 part replacement he thinks its gold. Sad but thats what you deal with when both Denon and marantz products. I also have my SA8004 at another service center because the draw is making noise and out of alignment.

May 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #5,376 of 7,457
ph34r.gif
  I'm standing with you in spirit, Frank I.

May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #5,377 of 7,457
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope they get you sorted with a new pair in short order.
I've only had mine for a few days and listened to them only a few hours in total ..... but man these are great. Very capable, very comfortable, very enjoyable (alliteration fail
frown.gif
). They have already become my cans of choice for all things strings. And, I've only listened to them out of a DAP (DX100) thus far. Considering the money they can be had for at the moment, these are fantastic headphones.

beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you pulled the trigger and love 'em to pieces!  
rolleyes.gif
 Well, in light of the numerous screw defects, just a figure of speech...

May 2, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #5,378 of 7,457
Are you disassembling it, putting in the goop, and reassembling?
I'm kinda too scared to do that. :frowning2:

Disassembling does require the top cap to be popped off (the one that looks more decorative on top of the gimbal). I'm not sure how you would get this off without damaging the finish. Because mine fell apart on its own I was able to poke mine off by approaching from its underside, through the screw hole recess. If your headphone is starting to work loose, order some Loctite 243 to get ready and make sure you have a precision nut driver to tighten up the nut. You can then force the headphone off by simply rotating the cup left and right (not up and down) to encourage the nut to undo itself inside. This won't work if your nut is properly cemented.

TLDR: If it's not broke don't fix it.

May 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #5,379 of 7,457
It makes me miserable to see you guys having these problems, because I know I might get the screw falling off also...
frown.gif
DENON, I am disappoint over this issue and a minor quiff about the D7100s.

May 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #5,380 of 7,457
It makes me miserable to see you guys having these problems, because I know I might get the screw falling off also... :frowning2: DENON, I am disappoint over this issue and a minor quiff about the D7100s.

On the flip-side I feel like I own my headphones at bit more now. The hardest part of fixing the problem is getting the tools and threadlock for the job. I guarantee it's cheaper and less hassle to do it yourself too. :)

May 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #5,381 of 7,457
Quote:
On the flip-side I feel like I own my headphones at bit more now. The hardest part of fixing the problem is getting the tools and threadlock for the job. I guarantee it's cheaper and less hassle to do it yourself too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I hear you, my main problem is that I live in an apartment with no shed or garage to do all the hardware work so its a bit tougher to set it all up (it gets really messy real fast, believe me when I say that!).

May 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,382 of 7,457
Despite reading all the falling apart issues in this thread, I still had to have a set.

They came yesterday and so far I couldn't be more pleased with them. I was kind of concerned about going to a closed back after having been use to open back ones. Honestly I dont even really notice that they are closed back. The other pair of closed back ones I have owned were/are Sennheiser 280HD and I didnt care for them at all. The sound coming out of these is simply amazing to my ears, and also they look great, fit me great and are very comfortable. So far there keepers for sure in my book. 

May 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #5,383 of 7,457
Quote:
Despite reading all the falling apart issues in this thread, I still had to have a set.

They came yesterday and so far I couldn't be more pleased with them. I was kind of concerned about going to a closed back after having been use to open back ones. Honestly I dont even really notice that they are closed back. The other pair of closed back ones I have owned were/are Sennheiser 280HD and I didnt care for them at all. The sound coming out of these is simply amazing to my ears, and also they look great, fit me great and are very comfortable. So far there keepers for sure in my book. 

Yeah, you don't really need to get used to it if you've been using open-backed for a long time, they transition to the Denons is pretty fluid and very easy to get used to, congrats on the headphone!

May 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #5,384 of 7,457
Quote:
Yeah I hear you, my main problem is that I live in an apartment with no shed or garage to do all the hardware work so its a bit tougher to set it all up (it gets really messy real fast, believe me when I say that!).

I repaired my D7000's in a space no bigger than a square foot in a space made by moving my computer keyboard up the desk. You don't need much room at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back