Denon AH-C751 Availability in UK
Apr 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iancraig10

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems that the 751's are one of the rarest things to get your hands on in the UK. Most places that I have contacted regarding them have them on their site but not actually in stock. Some have said that it is difficult to find them for some reason.

If you want some though, this firm seem to be able to get them.

Denon AH-C751 Black | SALE Now On!

ian

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that the 751's are one of the rarest things to get your hands on in the UK. If you want some though, this firm seem to be able to get them. Denon AH-C751 Black | SALE Now On!

Talk about a rip off price. That's over twice as much as Amazon.com are selling them for! My suggestion for anyone in the UK is to buy the C700s from Amazon UK where they're selling for £70! They're EXACTLY the same earphone except for the case and extension cable. It's not worth an extra £70 for that.

And the C700 cable is not intrusive in any way, it doesn't feel long or heavy or anything, whereas the C751 needs the extension unless you're wearing the dap in your pocket, and there's definitely some unwanted weight added.

Get them from Amazon. They sold out yesterday but they're getting more in. Who wants to pay £70 for a hard case and extension cable? It's really not worth it, and at £70, the C700s are great value in the UK for a CHANGE!
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks Soozieq.

So the 700 is the same? I heard that there were differences in mid balance, but they are a great price on Amazon.

I've been looking around today and most places that have them on their sites don't actually have any in stock. Some dealers even saying on the phone that they weren't sure when they could get them!

Maybe 700 is a better option, although Amazon are quoting 2 to 4 weeks delivery which is a bit slow.

ian

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Soozieq.

So the 700 is the same? I heard that there were differences in mid balance

I think you'll find it was cnet who said the midrange was 'much improved' on its predecessor. But the C751 was discussed in the C700 thread about 6 months ago and we decided it was the same earphone.

Check the thread below. It still makes me laugh
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/cne...-model-314545/

I got my C700s from eBay last year. You can get them for the equivalent of £100 with postage. But you'd be better off waiting till Amazon get them back in. Also, I think there are a couple for sale here on Head-Fi.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks Soozieq. I've been reading the enormous thread that you started last year on the Denon and that took me most of the afternoon. I have no idea why my search didn't bring up the thread you pointed out.

It's taken me all day to find someone in the UK that can supply them. The Amazon deal looks fantastic. Since I'm away from home for a few weeks, maybe I'll order them before I go and they'll arrive when I get back!! It's quite funny that the 700 is on the site I mentioned, right above the 751 and it's priced at £69.99!!

I was hoping to get something decent before going away.

ian

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 7
Ian

idealsound have the silver C551s available in stock. They're fantastic too. Very little difference between those and the C700s. There are a few threads on the C551s, all positive reviews, and the housing is smaller (still aluminium) so the fit's slightly more secure.

I notice they put the previous price of the C700s at £79.99. They were almost £150 when they were first available! I guess they had to reduce the price since the C751 is the 'updated' model, but I think it's devious to imply it's a different version. They should say it's the same model, plus £70 for hard case and extension cable! For the price of a case and cable, you could get a set of C700s, crazy.

Anyway, if you're desperate to get a pair before you go away, why not get the C551s? I know you can get the C700s for the same price from Amazon, but you wouldn't be disappointed with the C551s. They're so similar.

EDIT: Quote:

I've been reading the enormous thread that you started last year on the Denon and that took me most of the afternoon

LOL! It's long isn't it? Had no idea it would still be going after all this time. If the Denons were crap, the thread would have died off a long time ago no doubt.
Did you see the C751s going on Amazon.com for LESS than the price of the C551s here in the UK? We never get deals like that
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ian

idealsound have the silver C551s available in stock. They're fantastic too. Very little difference between those and the C700s. There are a few threads on the C551s, all positive reviews, and the housing is smaller (still aluminium) so the fit's slightly more secure.

I notice they put the previous price of the C700s at £79.99. They were almost £150 when they were first available! I guess they had to reduce the price since the C751 is the 'updated' model, but I think it's devious to imply it's a different version. They should say it's the same model, plus £70 for hard case and extension cable! For the price of a case and cable, you could get a set of C700s, crazy.

Anyway, if you're desperate to get a pair before you go away, why not get the C551s? I know you can get the C700s for the same price from Amazon, but you wouldn't be disappointed with the C551s. They're so similar.

EDIT:
LOL! It's long isn't it? Had no idea it would still be going after all this time. If the Denons were crap, the thread would have died off a long time ago no doubt.
Did you see the C751s going on Amazon.com for LESS than the price of the C551s here in the UK? We never get deals like that
frown.gif

Hi,

Thanks for that Soozieq.

I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find the Denons. Even getting through to Denon themselves was a bit difficult.

One well know UK hi fi firm even said that they weren't available at the moment because of a driver problem!! They probably wanted me to buy something else from them.

So I searched on Google and Ask and to be honest, not a lot came up. The companies who sell them just don't have them in stock which is a bit strange for a well known brand.

The expensive company that I posted was the only place that promised they could get them before Saturday. I got the 700's from them.

The AH-C700's are being sent to me for £69.99. (Thanks to your money saving tip)

Trouble is when you're on tour, you need something small and convenient (Like an Ipod) with all your music and films on it in order to take your mind off work. Since I can't go home for a few weeks, it's very important to me. (Plus a laptop of course)

My Shure E4's have fallen apart (and in any case, I wasn't keen on them) so I wanted something decent as a replacement. I also have other IEM's but I'm not really too happy with them - either the fit or the sound just doesn't suit me. I could use the IEM's I use for work, but they're custom fitted and I get tired of people shouting at me when I wear them in public, thinking I'm deaf!

As for Denon making out that the 751 is a new model ... yes, I agree. Very cheeky. Not ethical really; especially with the special prices available on the 700 at the moment if you can get them. That makes them a particularly good deal. Thanks ever so much for the heads up. It didn't occur to me that Denon would be so cheeky.

Hopefully, I'll have them tomorrow. Your extra long thread (if you'll pardon the expression) made me reconsider what to get. I was going to get a pair of 551's but thought that they would join my other IEM's in the end and after seeing how many people were actually in agreement (a rarity on this forum) and the rather nice atmosphere amongst all the 700 users in that thread (amazing on this forum) made me think carefully so I spent a day looking for a pair for myself.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back