Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver Impressions
Sep 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 144
I just happened to see this pair of earphones... Dual Dynamic... is that the first? going by denon's usual SQ this should really be good!

Anyone audition it already?

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 144
I tried these and they are very close to Sennheiser IE80 in term of soundquality, signature but these Denon AH-C300 offers more rich deep impactful bass like i can only compare to UE SF5EB. The mids, highs are clear and detailed with wide soundstage and they are big in earbuds (even bigger than bose IE2). So they are amazingly bassheavy IEMs and highly recommended to those who likes to subwoofer like experience on the go.

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 144
Quote:
I tried these and they are very close to Sennheiser IE80 in term of soundquality, signature but these Denon AH-C300 offers more rich deep impactful bass like i can only compare to UE SF5EB. The mids, highs are clear and detailed with wide soundstage and they are big in earbuds (even bigger than bose IE2). So they are amazingly bassheavy IEMs and highly recommended to those who likes to subwoofer like experience on the go.

Wow thanks for the impression... my my... u hit the spot... i was looking for an IEM tat could replace my UE SF5EBs... this i got to try...

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 144
I'm with these for a few days and my initial impressions are vastly positive. Bear in mind I'm never a bass head............

anyway hope to put up a review of some sort soon. For those who can try these babies in their areas, please do so............unless you HATE bass, these are very likeable puppies, with some of the most incredible bass you can ever find in an earphone and mid and highs are up there with the best dynamic or hybrid iems.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 144
Owned the IE8, UE SFPs, and FX-700. This is something with much tighter and fuller bass comapred all the others I've mentioned! With EQ, it can make u really dizzy from the bass, even though its not muddy, its just too powerful! I tend to off my EQ unlike when using with FX-700. And when I feel like I need to be in a club, I on my bass EQ and its all over my head! Haha

Surprisingly, the highs and mids are rather fine and clear, IMO. Its pretty well tuned! But I noticed on some of my lousier MP3s, the highs will be distorted, but very minor annoyance.

Fit wise can be difficult! Took me 1 whole day to keep playing around with the stabilizers and tips and positions before I found one suitable for me in terms of comfort and isolation . 

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 144
Quote:
Owned the IE8, UE SFPs, and FX-700. This is something with much tighter and fuller bass comapred all the others I've mentioned! With EQ, it can make u really dizzy from the bass, even though its not muddy, its just too powerful! I tend to off my EQ unlike when using with FX-700. And when I feel like I need to be in a club, I on my bass EQ and its all over my head! Haha

Surprisingly, the highs and mids are rather fine and clear, IMO. Its pretty well tuned! But I noticed on some of my lousier MP3s, the highs will be distorted, but very minor annoyance.

Fit wise can be difficult! Took me 1 whole day to keep playing around with the stabilizers and tips and positions before I found one suitable for me in terms of comfort and isolation . 

Agree with your description of sound!!~~

As said in the other thread, it took me a few days to sort out the fit.............it sort of suddenly dawns on me that I should try the small stabilizer and the large solid gel. Then everything comes together and I'm in audio bliss~~

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 144
I'm wanting to try triple flanges! Seems like it will give a better fit for me! Because the default tips tend to slip out over time as the ear stabilisers though stabilized shifting of the earphones, it sort of pushes the tips out naturally! But I'm guessing a "longer" tip will "neutralizing" the awkward position.

Anyone knows which triple flanges might work for c300? The insert point looks bigger than normal!

May 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #13 of 144
Quote:
I've just ordered a pair of these off amazon I hope they don't disappoint!!

I'm right behind you. Will be interesting to compare them to my IE80's.

May 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 144
I've owned them, the C300. I've also used and still own the IE8/80, JVC F700, along with some other bass oriented IEMS. Look at my profile for what I've used. The C300 puts our good sound. However, a few things that bothered me was the fit. It is SUCH an AWKWARD fit. I've tried them both with and without the rubber ear molds. Mind you I'm not too picky about fitting. I can get anything in my ears most of the time. So the fit isn't optimal, especially if you plan to walk, or use them with light activity, not even exercising. Also what bothered me was the highs. They were very sharp to my ears. I use a FX700 and a Westone3. I don't have any complaints about these, and people usually say these run sibilant and sharp. The C300 is in a world of its own. It actually gave me headaches/earaches. If you can manage a good fit (rare) and also don't mind a really sharp sound at the higher-end, then these won't be too bad, especially because you can get these so cheap now...(for a reason)
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back