Denon AH-A100 - after the initials impressions...not so impressed
Dec 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alpha10

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure if it just me, but after almost 2 months, I'm not so impressed anymore with them, the main problem is that they sound a little harsh in the treble, but it really depends on the music, really good recordings with few instruments sounds amazing still, but more average recordings, mainstream CDs and such just sound a little too harsh, I wish the headphones were a little more forgiving, not sure how to explain this...

For current AH-A100 owners, what do you think of your headphones? Are you satisfied?

Thanks

PS: For anyone else, should I sell my AH-A100 and get something else if I'm not satisfied, or will I have the same problem again with the next ones?

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 8
what is your source?

you may end up in something dark and rolled off treble. just find the way to fix that small problem :) (you can put a small foam in front of the driver)

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Thats the drawback of high-end headphones.  Garbage in garbage out.  The bad is that there are A LOT of garbage CDs.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 8
Look for some headphones which muffle the sound. But that's not high end. It's up to you, you need to make the decision. My A100s would be in my hands on the Christmas Day. Why did you create another thread BTW?

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 8
My main source is a Naim Uniti, which is excellent, and 2nd source is iPod Touch 4G with lossless files, as I said, it really depends on the recordings, but I guess you are right, crap in crap out, the ah-a100 are very detailed, maybe I should just get used to the bad recordings.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Unless you have a dark sounding headphone such as the HD650s, you will always have this problem with bright recordings (of which there are many these days). 

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea for how much I can sell these for here or at eBay ?

If you really wanna dump 'em just start a no reserve auction and let 'em ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back