denon 1001k with fiiO E5
Oct 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yeahman68

Head-Fier
So, my denon c551k's aren't fitting my ears too well, and they hurt after a while too. So, I'm thinking I'm gonna stick w/ headphones for a while. I want something that'll get my into area of great sound, which is why I chose the 1001's. So I know they're a great starting audiophile headphone, question is, will they still sound good when being powered by an mp3 player such as the Sony S-544 walkman mp3 player (Output, 5 mW). So will the headphone still sound just as good with the E5? I'll be listening to all kinds of music.

-Thanks a bunch, guys/girls.

Oct 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 5
Yes, they sound fine unamped, straight from mp3 player or laptop, e5 is fine, but I don't think it really adds much to the d1001. They scale well with mods (damping/recable/etc...) also.

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 5
It depends. Fiio E5 is good at two things: Louder volume and slightly increased bass. I'm sure you won't listen to the D1001 full blast, and I'm pretty sure you don't need slightly increased bass on a phone that already has decent bass.

I would get the D1001 first, and see if they are loud enough for your taste. If not, get the Fiio. If so, save your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back