De'Mun / Bengkel Macro
Jul 15, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #106 of 282
  and how to shoot like this om @irgunawan ?

Ngoahaha 
etysmile.gif

Very very beautiful...earphones 
biggrin.gif

I also like this old picture. Haha Pretty Colorfly C4 
atsmile.gif

@irgunawan
is it possible to disconnect the battery, run a more powerful power supply, and have even greater output-power with the bMac 3CH MK2?

Doesn't matter if not possible, still a killer amp I use daily since getting it. I will have to try rolling the opamps sometime. Any recommended rolls for either one?

I was told there was a regulator chip inside that regulates the power from DC input to make it exactly like using battery power.
But I haven't the  knowledge to say if it would be different when connecting a more powerful PS.

I was thinking to buy some Soshine batteries used in VE amps to use them with bMAc later.
http://www.dx.com/fr/p/soshine-battery-charger-w-2-9-6v-nimh-260mah-batteries-white-eu-plug-425724
I have absolutely no idea if it would make it possibly sound better or not. I'll see when I have the amp first.

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #107 of 282
  I was told there was a regulator chip inside that regulates the power from DC input to make it exactly like using battery power.
But I haven't the  knowledge to say if it would be different when connecting a more powerful PS.

I wouldn't be looking for a different sound, just greater possible output power.
It's a great sounding amp and fun to bass bomb with
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #108 of 282
  I wouldn't be looking for a different sound, just greater possible output power.
biggrin.gif

Yeah by different I meant more powerful. 
wink_face.gif

You should ask Iriyan to build some VE RA 2.0 like amp for you. Bigger size, double the power 
gs1000.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #109 of 282
biggrin.gif

in bMac 3CH Mk2 circuit, wall 12v dc adapter just for charging with trickle charge method, i forgot to tell that you don't have to disconnecting the battery, as you hear it.. even 12v dc plug-in to the amp, you can't hear any sound improvement, and have no noticeable noise too. That is because regulator IC working to dc current limiter to safe more battery life-time even "maniac-users" like @vapman forgot to disconnecting the battery.
Just use it without any worry, with dc plug or not, it can't be different, as desktop or portable-amp, don't make your self busy with connect/disconnect the battery procedure. Really just use it as you like, feel free and have a nice dream.
duggehsmile.png

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #110 of 282
Very cool news, and yeah I do worry sometimes, as I'll run it until it's dead and plug it right in to keep going!

I should start messing with opamp rolling soon - I love this little amp so much.

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #115 of 282
parallel dreams :last_quarter_moon_with_face::first_quarter_moon_with_face:
:wink:

Doesn't matter if not possible, still a killer amp I use daily since getting it. I will have to try rolling the opamps sometime. Any recommended rolls for either one?

I am curious, I did some search some time ago, I spotted several opamps, opa2604, ad823, ad825, ad8066, ad8610, ad8620. Buf634 for buffer. These are the ones I would be interested in.
I can't tell about their compatibility etc because I've never done opamp rolling myself...
So take it with a handful of salt :D
Which opamps have you tried before on previous gear ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back