De'Mun / Bengkel Macro
Jul 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #61 of 282
Hey vapman,

Look at this review of bMac mk2, he talks about the gain selector, a manual socket to push inside the amp. Maybe on your picture it's the white thing below the volume pot in green..

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.bengkelmacro.com/bmac-3ch-mk-ii-review-by-rizky-ab/&usg=ALkJrhgItl7ZR_ZpAWoJfX6UAWtLyXDB1Q

Aha, i was curious what that switch was about, but thought it was funny it was on the inside, so i never tried using it while the amp was running.

You're probably right about it being a gain switch, I'll try it out and see. Nice find there.

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #62 of 282
Aha, i was curious what that switch was about, but thought it was funny it was on the inside, so i never tried using it while the amp was running.

You're probably right about it being a gain switch, I'll try it out and see. Nice find there.

I wish this is the switch.
I also wish yours is switched on low gain since the beginning :D

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #63 of 282
I wish this is the switch.
I also wish yours is switched on low gain since the beginning
biggrin.gif

Yes, you are correct!

I'm dumb for noticing a switch there but not doing anything about it, haha.

It was on low gain by default. It's on high gain now, which is nice, because I always left my other amps on high gain 100% off the time - i'm a basshead, what can I say...

But I plugged in my SZ2000 and it rattles WAY harder now. dang!!!

So many amazing surprises in this amp. Whoever else buys one will need an instruction manual
biggrin.gif

This rocks though - I was happy with it but now I'm extremely happy with it. I will have to measure its max power output with the gain switch set to high! It's rattling these basshead cans real hard
basshead.gif

Not saying it's an amp for bassheads (I have +32db sub bass EQ) but this amp is AWESOME on the high gain. I'm happy I was using it on low gain though cause I got a good sense of how the amp sounds, now everything's even better!
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #65 of 282
What sort of battery life are you getting from the amp?

Haven't timed it yet with the 250mAh battery it came with, and not sure if it lets you know when the battery is low or if it just dies, but i've ran it for a bit over 10 hours and then figured i should plug it in, but I did get that kind of time on it. I'll have to actually time how long until it dies one day.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #70 of 282
  And cMac v1 dimension comparing with the others big guys.

Huh, have no more amps rightnow, my wife so angry see this small collection, cannot imagine if she know the other hidden stuff.. lol..

3CH MK2 replaced C5 for me.
It doesn't have quite as much power on power hungry over ears as the C5 did, but i have other things that can push that hard if need be.
agreed cMac looks great next to the rest :)

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #71 of 282
Yes, you are correct!

I'm dumb for noticing a switch there but not doing anything about it, haha.

It was on low gain by default. It's on high gain now, which is nice, because I always left my other amps on high gain 100% off the time - i'm a basshead, what can I say...

But I plugged in my SZ2000 and it rattles WAY harder now. dang!!!

So many amazing surprises in this amp. Whoever else buys one will need an instruction manual :D

This rocks though - I was happy with it but now I'm extremely happy with it. I will have to measure its max power output with the gain switch set to high! It's rattling these basshead cans real hard :basshead:

Not saying it's an amp for bassheads (I have +32db sub bass EQ) but this amp is AWESOME on the high gain. I'm happy I was using it on low gain though cause I got a good sense of how the amp sounds, now everything's even better! :D

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #72 of 282
3CH MK2 replaced C5 for me.
It doesn't have quite as much power on power hungry over ears as the C5 did, but i have other things that can push that hard if need be.
agreed cMac looks great next to the rest :)

Btw, with your sz2000, compared on low gain, how much do you need to turn the volume pot now on high gain ?
Just curious to know roughly the potential power it could have.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #73 of 282
Btw, with your sz2000, compared on low gain, how much do you need to turn the volume pot now on high gain ?
Just curious to know roughly the potential power it could have.
Thanks
wink.gif

can turn it about 2/3 to maximum without any distortion

keep in mind i do have this insane EQ....

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #74 of 282

can turn it about 2/3 to maximum without any distortion

keep in mind i do have this insane EQ....

This is crazy EQ ! 
basshead.gif
 haha
Well, I'm not a basshead, I guess this amp has sufficient power for my use 
biggrin.gif

I had a good feeling about it, and after chatting with you and Iriyan, we may have a winner here hehehe 
rolleyes.gif

O' Wallet, where art thou? It's just a matter of days before I find you 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #75 of 282
Luckily this won't hurt your wallet as bad as many amps several times the price and it sounds just as good, maybe better.

The bMac is what's up. I don't use any other headphone amp around my house or outside now. I just love it.

If 3CH Mark III has even more output power i'd even rec it to the basshead crew.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sooner or later i'll get to rolling opamps and see what that can do for the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back