deleted
Oct 10, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 6
Sony V6 would meet your requirements, they're easily driven, foldable for portability, they're monitor headphones so they'd be fine for recording with. I don't think the Sony V6 lend themselves to a specific genre, they seem to be pretty good all-rounders. I find them to be comfortable to wear, I wear them for hours at a time with no problems, though some disagree and decide to mod them with DT250 pads to increase the comfort. My only complaint with them is that the highs become harsh at times and there is no sound stage to speak of (though this is common in closed cans).

The AT M50 seem to be a very popular choice in this price range as well, they're apparently good all-rounders too but I haven't heard them so that's all I can say.

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 6
I have the M30 also and I like them a lot and prefer them to the MDR-V6. Vocals on the MDR-V6 seem to be missing something. MDR-V6 just annoys me.

Just an FYI though that the M30 sounds nothing like the M50. The M30 is much more neutral and has VERY slightly more forward mids then the M50. M50 is still a good headphone though and is a better headphone for most things. For classical though, the M30 or other options might be better. M50 seems to be not all that good for classical, but all the other genres you've listed should be OK.

M50 is good for comfort, but SRH-840 sounds slightly better, but the comfort is terrible, so they're worth skipping. Perhaps the M-Audio Q40 is worth checking into. I really want to try them! They are only $140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back