Definitely without a doubt NOT....
Jun 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Germancub

500+ Head-Fier
Here's the deal, I have been thinking up an idea for a thread and want to know your input. We all know the main "strengths" of some headphones, why don't we make a thread with a few words associating with headphones to describe what they are most definitely not. For example Jecklin Float-portability, Beyerdynamic DT770-bass deficiency. See what I mean?

I think it'd be cool and a great way for n00bs to see what some headphones genuinely suck at.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 35
Are you kidding me? I'm walking through Chicago when I get my Floats! Seriously.

Anyways:
K271-Lively
A500-Pocketable in most pants
DT220-Comfortable (I honestly think they hurt after an hour)
KSC75-Expensive
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding me? I'm walking through Chicago when I get my Floats! Seriously.

Anyways:
K271-Lively
A500-Pocketable in most pants
DT220-Comfortable (I honestly think they hurt after an hour)
KSC75-Expensive
tongue.gif

No way, you really did??? LOL! I can't imagine the looks you got. I would have paid to see a video of a helmet cam strapped to those. Perfect though, exactly what I was after on the post, let's keep it up guys! This could be fun
popcorn.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 35
Haha I don't even have them yet.
Thanks for the helmet cam tip though!

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 35
eeuh, ill try
redface.gif

AD700s: Basshead phones. Its soundstage is really narrow. but the portability makes up for the narrow soundstage. It is pretty closed too, and doesnt leak that much sound (great for bus travelers). These phones unfortunatly almost squeeze your brains out, they are so dam tight.
frown.gif

tongue.gif
i hope i didn't failed in this post.

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha I don't even have them yet.
Thanks for the helmet cam tip though!

I anxiously await the video.

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by miloxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eeuh, ill try
redface.gif

AD700s: Basshead phones. Its soundstage is really narrow. but the portability makes up for the narrow soundstage. It is pretty closed too, and doesnt leak that much sound (great for bus travelers). These phones unfortunatly almost squeeze your brains out, they are so dam tight.
frown.gif

tongue.gif
i hope i didn't failed in this post.

Oh god, I thought that you were genuinely describing them after the Basshead remark... i fail, not you.

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #8 of 35
Great idea for a thread, I like this game, although I fear upcoming FlaymWarzz when people start posting things like "good"...

K701 - Definitely not bass-heavy, closed in, dark, slow, muddy, intimate or forgiving
D5000 (stock) - Definitely not bass-light, balanced, neutral, or uncomfortable
CD3000 - Definitely not muddy, dark, uncomfortable, neutral, or portable
ER4P - Definitely not bass-heavy, dark, slow, muddy, or forgiving

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triport - listenable.

Hahaha that wouldn't be that funny if it weren't true. Good job guys let's keep it going!

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #13 of 35
DT880 - Definitely NOT bass heavy or laid back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back