Deal Alert: UE Triple-Fi 10 £99 Must End Midnight Sale 20-Jun-11 (From Play UK)
Jun 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #31 of 39

Quote:
Hi matey, things are good with me the moment, hope they are for you. Going through a bit of a buying old phones I used to own stage recently! Bought the Ety Er4s couple of weeks back and when I saw the deal on the triple-fi's I couldn't let them pass!

Used to own the Triple Fi's a while back and to be truthful don't really need another IEM as I have ES5's/W4's and Q-jays at present. But hey, even if I give them to my lad a few months down the line and keep the attenuator and tin for my ES5's I'll be cool. I may even fall in love with them all over again, who knows.

Never tried any of the Ety phones, probably should as I'm a bit of a detail freak, how would you describe the signature?

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #32 of 39
Used to own the Triple Fi's a while back and to be truthful don't really need another IEM as I have ES5's/W4's and Q-jays at present. But hey, even if I give them to my lad a few months down the line and keep the attenuator and tin for my ES5's I'll be cool. I may even fall in love with them all over again, who knows.

Never tried any of the Ety phones, probably should as I'm a bit of a detail freak, how would you describe the signature?

To be honest Spud, they have no signature that I could compare too. Very detailed in all aspects, they will show bad recordings or poorly encoded files. Some say they lack bass but I don't think they do, to me they present bass in a very accurate way, no bells or whistles. The mids are astounding, vocals really shine through. Once amped they take on another dimension, a bit more depth and soundstage.

If you get a chance I would give them a go, I always regretted getting rid of them.

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #33 of 39
Well what can I say? These are just fantastic sounding phones and for the money I can say that I am very pleased indeed. I can't imagine why I got rid of them in the 1st place really. Can only assume that as it was such a while back I never had a decent enough source or amp to do them justice. Listening now with lossless via my CLAS and P4 and these things are a LOT of fun!

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #34 of 39

I agree, I loaned my friend's TF10 and I must say that I will probably grab one again down the line. The midrange could use some work but damn these are still as much fun as when I first laid my ears on them
Quote:
Well what can I say? These are just fantastic sounding phones and for the money I can say that I am very pleased indeed. I can't imagine why I got rid of them in the 1st place really. Can only assume that as it was such a while back I never had a decent enough source or amp to do them justice. Listening now with lossless via my CLAS and P4 and these things are a LOT of fun!

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #35 of 39

Having the same thoughts myself today, arrived yesterday and have spent some time listening unamped through iPod classic and then with Arrow 3G and iPod. Forgot how good these phones were. Think I got rid of them before because of fit issues but have found that wearing cable down solves the issues I had before.

Not as detailed as the Ety's or my Mi-3 customs but great fun sounding iem, similar to how I feel about my Senn ie8's.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #36 of 39
Yeah, always felt TF10's were a solid, great fun sounding IEM.  Miss them, actually debating whether or not I should get them again, especially now that I got some hybrid tips that should solve the fit issues from before.

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #37 of 39

Quote:

imo they certainly do need an amp to come alive, on paper they shouldnt but they really, really do.  the treble is just WAAAA!!!!! isnt it

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #38 of 39
I'm with Mark my 16Ohm IEMs sound the same with my E7, But the Triple Fi 10s sound bad from my IPhone, But with the E7 they really sing.

Bargin, But they are still getting ripped to bits and put into customs my ear canals are so tiny.

Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back