Deal alert: UE Metro.fi 200 for $20
Mar 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 19
@JDGAFFLIN, I am waiting for your thoughts after you received them
regular_smile .gif
And would like to know how you judge your $20 purchase.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 19
Tell us what you think of them once you've received them :wink:

And what IEMs do you use atm JDGAFFLIN ?? if their in the same price range, could you compare the two for us then?
Thanks mate.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 19
Well, recently I've been using the v-moda bass freq's coupled with a Sansa Clip +. So Ill do a brief post when I recieve them. I also ordered a set of Sennheiser HD555's yesterday, so Im really looking forward to when both sets arrive.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 19
Alright.

What do you think of the Bass Freqs? I had a pair myself but the extremely thin cables broke down twice, so I bought something else
tongue.gif

How is your pair holding up?

I loved the bass they produced but I found that the other frequenties were a bit overpowered by it and not rly clear...

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 19
how do these compare with CX300s? I may grab a pair for a friend after she was impressed by my MM50s (cx300 w/iphone mic)

//update: just checked out ClieOS' and joker's multi IEM threads and neither of theirs had both the metrofi & cx300, to directly compare

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrivs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright.

What do you think of the Bass Freqs? I had a pair myself but the extremely thin cables broke down twice, so I bought something else
tongue.gif

How is your pair holding up?

I loved the bass they produced but I found that the other frequenties were a bit overpowered by it and not rly clear...

They are holding up well. I like the "punchyness" of the bass, but depending upon the song, sometimes the highs seem a little harsh. None the less, for a pair of $25.00 phones, I like 'em.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 19
You're going to have to take the following comments with a grain of salt since my UE 200v's probably have no more than 6-7 hours of burn-in on them. When I read this post, I was listening to solo piano music on my UM3Xs to which my ears are currently acclimatized. I put the UE 200v's on out of curiosity to make the following comments, switched to the David Garrett self titled CD which covers a lot of sonic ground, and jotted the following notes down:

These phones are pretty good for their price, having all the requisite three frequency bands represented. There is bass aplenty, a pretty recessed though present mid range, and a relatively harsh high end that can be grating. There seems to be a peak somewhere between 2-4k Hz which is probably causing this. One of the strengths of these ear phones is definitely their presentation of the ambiance in the recording.

Scanning through the EQ presents of the Ipod, "Lounge" seems to give them the most balanced presentation. If only the Ipod had an adjustable EQ . . . .

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpodHappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're going to have to take the following comments with a grain of salt since my UE 200v's probably have no more than 6-7 hours of burn-in on them. When I read this post, I was listening to solo piano music on my UM3Xs to which my ears are currently acclimatized. I put the UE 200v's on out of curiosity to make the following comments, switched to the CD David Garrett which covers a lot of sonic ground, and jotted the following notes down:

These phones are pretty good for their price, having all the requisite three frequency bands represented. There is bass aplenty, a pretty recessed though present mid range, and a relatively harsh high end that can be grating. There seems to be a peak somewhere between 2-4k Hz which is probably causing this. One of the strengths of these ear phones is definitely their presentation of the ambiance in the recording.

Scanning through the EQ presents of the Ipod, "Lounge" seems to give them the most balanced presentation. If only the Ipod had an adjustable EQ . . . .

Worth $20?

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #13 of 19
Yes. So many ear phones in this price range lack any sparkle, and these have that in spades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back