DEAL ALERT : SENNHEISER IE6 SELLING AT 100$ !!!
Sep 11, 2010 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

proedros

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106222

looks like a good deal...down from 260 $

just a heads up

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 19
Well, they seem pretty good to my ears, which is what matters to me. Almost five stars on Amazon, 5 stars on Newegg,4.5 stars on Google Products, five stars on CNET Reviews, four stars on Alatest, 9 out of 10 on Testfreaks.com and 8.5 out of 10 at Techpowerup.com (price was the main knock, at $200). Guess the people who own them like them, especially at $55.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 19
 Quote:
Well, they seem pretty good to my ears, which is what matters to me. Almost five stars on Amazon, 5 stars on Newegg,4.5 stars on Google Products, five stars on CNET Reviews, four stars on Alatest, 9 out of 10 on Testfreaks.com and 8.5 out of 10 at Techpowerup.com (price was the main knock, at $200). Guess the people who own them like them, especially at $55.

And don't forget: 5 stars on J&R and 5 stars on B&H. I've been resisting buying these like a hole in the head. How's the isolation (speaking of holes the head)?

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 19
compared to RE-ZERO

are they better or worse ?

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 19
Or it would be really helpful if someone made a comparison with the Re0

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 19
You can't beat it for $55, you can't even get a used RE0 for $55.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #12 of 19
Just got mine the other day and they're really good for ~$55. However, if I paid ~$150 for them I'd be pretty disappointed. I don't have a lot of experience with IEMs, but I found the sound stage annoyingly small and felt they had a veil in the mid range. Overall tonal balance was very good and I was surprised by the quality of bass these were capable of producing. They make me want to upgrade to IE8s.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:
Just got mine the other day and they're really good for ~$55. However, if I paid ~$150 for them I'd be pretty disappointed. I don't have a lot of experience with IEMs, but I found the sound stage annoyingly small and felt they had a veil in the mid range. Overall tonal balance was very good and I was surprised by the quality of bass these were capable of producing. They make me want to upgrade to IE8s.

Not to sound like a broken record, but what's your assessement of the isolation and leakage on these? Would subway use be recommended? That's where I do most of my listening to IEMs, and I wouldn't want to have to turn them way up and/or bother other passengers. Thanks.

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #14 of 19
Hello All,
I just purchased a pair of these IEMs from Newegg. I have been searching for a IEM to replace my Monster Turbines (cable broke). I did not want to spend a fortune, because I use these cans for my commute in NYC. I am currently using a Nuforce Icon mobile amp, and custom dongle connected to the amp from a Ipod Touch gen 2. I was looking through the head fi site searching for the best deals, and I saw all the good reviews for the Etymotic MC5's. I bought a pair of these and tried them out for a couple of day's. The whole deep deep insertion thing is a total turn off! I was using the large trip tips, and I had to drill the things in to my ears (major pain). Just to here the bottom end in theses things you need a screw driver! Anyway I appreciate the great Highs and Mids on these thing's but there just is not enough Bass!. So I purchased the IE6s. Man what a difference! Just listening to these things for a couple of minutes I was blown away by the Depth in the sound stage! Definitely lacking in the in the mids and highs,(hope will change with burn in), but the difference is night and day over the MC5s. I will continue to break these things in and keep you all updated.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
Hello All,
I just purchased a pair of these IEMs from Newegg. I have been searching for a IEM to replace my Monster Turbines (cable broke). I did not want to spend a fortune, because I use these cans for my commute in NYC. I am currently using a Nuforce Icon mobile amp, and custom dongle connected to the amp from a Ipod Touch gen 2. I was looking through the head fi site searching for the best deals, and I saw all the good reviews for the Etymotic MC5's. I bought a pair of these and tried them out for a couple of day's. The whole deep deep insertion thing is a total turn off! I was using the large trip tips, and I had to drill the things in to my ears (major pain). Just to here the bottom end in theses things you need a screw driver! Anyway I appreciate the great Highs and Mids on these thing's but there just is not enough Bass!. So I purchased the IE6s. Man what a difference! Just listening to these things for a couple of minutes I was blown away by the Depth in the sound stage! Definitely lacking in the in the mids and highs,(hope will change with burn in), but the difference is night and day over the MC5s. I will continue to break these things in and keep you all updated.

2nd day with these things, I am changing my mind WAY TO MUCH BASS! The sound is very muddy. Not loving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back