dbE HP30 - a blatant copy of DT880?
Oct 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

62ohm

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone ever heard of the company 'dbE acoustic'? This cans looks perilously similar and bears striking resemblance to the DT880, or at least on the design part (If there's anyone here using one of these, no offense intended to an owner).

It's called the HP30, probably because it costs $30. Well, I don't mean that cruelly, it may be a good pair of cans for under $50 price tag, who knows?

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 11
  Has anyone ever heard of the company 'dbE acoustic'? This cans looks perilously similar and bears striking resemblance to the DT880, or at least on the design part (If there's anyone here using one of these, no offense intended to an owner).

It's called the HP30, probably because it costs $30. Well, I don't mean that cruelly, it may be a good pair of cans for under $50 price tag, who knows?

Where did you buy those xD

You might have your self a Black Market Copy of the DT 880 rebranded by some other company 

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #3 of 11
Just another Takstar Rebrand, looks like it anyway

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 11
Those are actually quite popular in Indonesia due to its low price and decent sound quality. See below link for more of their products (but they are in Indonesian currency):

http://www.dontblameyourears.com/1_dbe-acoustics

They also makes speakers and IEMs fyi.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 11
  Where did you buy those xD

You might have your self a Black Market Copy of the DT 880 rebranded by some other company 

I didn't bought it lol, I googled it for the pic

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 11
What Magic said. They look like rebranded Takstar Hi2050. They're good phones, not "good for the price" but just plain good. Another rebrand is Technical Pro Hpt990. I have those.

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 11
What Magic said. They look like rebranded Takstar Hi2050. They're good phones, not "good for the price" but just plain good. Another rebrand is Technical Pro Hpt990. I have those.

nice how do they compare to the real thing 

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 11
nice how do they compare to the real thing 
Out of the box, sound wise, it's like a baby DT990s. More bass than 880/Less bass than 990. Same with the highs. The mids are a little more forward. Soundstage is smaller than both but imaging is roughly the same. After some burn-in, they become more like the 880s, the treble smooths out and the bass tightens up and becomes less boomy. Soundstage stays the same. It's like an intimate Beyer. I don't notice too much of a difference between amp vs unamp so I just run it straight from source. It's my fave can when I go on walks. I don't have to worry about messing up $50 cans. :)

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Out of the box, sound wise, it's like a baby DT990s. More bass than 880/Less bass than 990. Same with the highs. The mids are a little more forward. Soundstage is smaller than both but imaging is roughly the same. After some burn-in, they become more like the 880s, the treble smooths out and the bass tightens up and becomes less boomy. Soundstage stays the same. It's like an intimate Beyer. I don't notice too much of a difference between amp vs unamp so I just run it straight from source. It's my fave can when I go on walks. I don't have to worry about messing up $50 cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

There are a lot of knock off $50 cans that don't sound to bad... might have to get a pair of these for a friend of mine! 

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 11
Or... buy a pair for yourself and practice balancing them. That way, you can just buy the T90s and do it yourself when the time comes.
wink.gif

pff got no time for electronic projects q.q 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back