DBA-02 VS PFE vs HJE900 ? (please help!)
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

coolizardman

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, im planning to buy new IEMs for my sansa but i'm also pretty confused.
my budget is around 150$ and the main choises i'm considering are fischer DBA-02 and Phonak PFE
genres i listen (in order):
1-Blues/hiphop/r&b
2-progressive/garage rock
i've thinked about radius but my ears are a little small and because i cant test them before buyin im afraid of fitting problem
i curently use ep-630s but for a month i used sony EX082 s and really prefered them way too above ep-630 despite the lower bass and kick.
so i dont know if im a basshead or not but the quality of mids and highs and details are the most important for me. in other hand the music i listen needs good bass.
now i have doubts about dba-02   i dont know if they are suitable for this genres or not(i've read that they have a good quality bass but not quantity) . and since i havent tested any high or mid range iems i cant decide .
any suggestions ? im open about oder models
*Excuse my bad english*

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I recommend DBA-02. It's the most accurate of the three. DBA-02 > HJE900 >>> PFE in my opinion.

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 5
I audition both pfe and dba... I'm with pianist.. I just bought dba mkII
for bass, from reading around the forum, dba mkii is better than dba 02,
bass is clean, punchy enough if you EQ it.

but you are basshead or like thick mids, this is not the one for you

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 5
owning all 3 at this very point in time, i would order them as follows

1. hje900 by quite a large margian
2. pfe
3. dba

Simply put there is nothing out there that i can think sounds quite like the hje, there musicality and timbre are jus crazy, has the ability to go deep on the bass in a very clear manner.

You will not be dissapointed..... most underrated headphone of all time if im honest.

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
 the quality of mids and highs and details are the most important for me. in other hand the music i listen needs good bass.
now i have doubts about dba-02   i dont know if they are suitable for this genres or not(i've read that they have a good quality bass but not quantity) . 

The DBA-02 have excellent mids, highs, details.

And you are right, bass quality.

Quantity is just fine for me, best to go take a listen and decide for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back