Dayens Ampino - Possible K1000 Amp?
Nov 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, just read the 6Moons Review of this amp at: 6moons audio reviews: Dayens Ampino

I was impressed by what I read which then prompted me to visit the manufacturer's website at: Dayens -Integrated Amplifers - Ampino

Next I did a search here and could not find any information here and thus my post. Has anyone here tried this amp? I have sent the manufacturer an email, including possible upgrades.
redface.gif
Anyways hope someone here has listened to this amp, preferably driving a pair of AKG K1000. Thanks.

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sizwej /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good from the review, but where is the headphone jack?

\

It's a speaker amp?

-Nkk

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
\

It's a speaker amp?

-Nkk

oops, my bad! I feel kinda stupid now
redface.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 18
Looks quite nice, and with 2x25w it should be plenty capable of driving the K1000.
Would be nice if someone with first hand experience would chime in..
k1000smile.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 18
Looks awesome, not easy to get a transistor based integrated amp for that price. At $300'ish it's a nice deal, then again with K1000s costing what they do, it seems that K1000 owners might want something higher end. I guess you don't want a huge number of watts for the K1000s anyway, 25wpc is surely a lot. The inside of that amp looks confidence inspiring...certainly there are few purpose built K1000 amps...so someone should take the plunge on this one.

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #8 of 18
I wouldn't mind getting one of these for my computer sound system. Looks like a winner.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just mailed them, lets see what happens.
wink.gif

I sent them an email yesterday but no response yet. I will wait a couple of days and if no response will send a 2nd email. Thanks.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 18
Me either, but lets wait couple of days...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent them an email yesterday but no response yet. I will wait a couple of days and if no response will send a 2nd email. Thanks.

My PrimaLuna is 40W p.ch., no problems up here
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks awesome, not easy to get a transistor based integrated amp for that price. At $300'ish it's a nice deal, then again with K1000s costing what they do, it seems that K1000 owners might want something higher end. I guess you don't want a huge number of watts for the K1000s anyway, 25wpc is surely a lot. The inside of that amp looks confidence inspiring...certainly there are few purpose built K1000 amps...so someone should take the plunge on this one.

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me either, but lets wait couple of days...

My PrimaLuna is 40W p.ch., no problems up here
wink.gif

My Prologue 2 is going on 5 years of trouble free service. I love it
normal_smile .gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 18
Received a response, basically detailing the costs to purchase plus information on an upgraded unit and S&H to the USA. The price is very tempting but I already have ordered an amp and do not need nor can I afford a 2nd one.

I wish they had a dealer in the USA to test with my K1000. Cheers.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #13 of 18
The Dayens Ampino is an absolute bargain. I have compared it against a number of amplifiers :
- the Miniwatt (at a similar cost)
- BelCanto S300
- Kharma MP150

It just absolutely blows them all away. It is a "no brainer".

I have never heard such "realistic" music from any amplifier before !

Unfortunaely it is not a headphone amp, but perhaps the manufacturer could be interested in making one !

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #14 of 18
Hey hopkins, we are talking about driving K1000 up here, whats your story
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dayens Ampino is an absolute bargain. I have compared it against a number of amplifiers :
- the Miniwatt (at a similar cost)
- BelCanto S300
- Kharma MP150

It just absolutely blows them all away. It is a "no brainer".

I have never heard such "realistic" music from any amplifier before !

Unfortunaely it is not a headphone amp, but perhaps the manufacturer could be interested in making one !

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip>

Unfortunately?
Isn't that exactly what makes it a potential nice pairing with the K1000 in the first place? Since the K1000 is designed to be driven by a speaker amplifier...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back