Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jul 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #1,141 of 1,160
  I wasn't planning on getting them haha. But I am genuinely curious that if Dasetn isn't the one making these then is his new MC5 earbud also completely OEM of another model? If so, is there more information? 

The speakers, cables and housings are bought separately, DIYers like Dasetn assemble them and perform QC.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,142 of 1,160

The speakers, cables and housings are bought separately, DIYers like Dasetn assemble them and perform QC.

That's what I assumed. So like blox. It's a shame that apparently quality control is an actual issue from Dasetn according to this thread. You'd think that is something they'd make sure of although I admit I have never had a single quality control issue with them as of yet. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,143 of 1,160

I think MC5 is good enough to replace your M760.

for me BE7 is kinda.... overprice....

Yugo, do you also have the BE7? how does it sound compared to the MC5 or M760? appreciate if you can give a quick impression. thanks.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #1,144 of 1,160
  Just to chime in, I think that there are indeed buds that suite different tastes. However, like previously mentioned, there are buds that also objectively do sound bad. There is a difference. I think that the TG38S are clearly better than the "objectively horrible" range of earbuds and it is indeed a matter of taste. I personally think they have very good detail retrieval and excellent soundstaging capabilities but sound a bit shiny and synthetic. This is different than just being bright and harsh. Cans can be bright, but sound realistic as well (Ultrasone are a good example of this). For the tingo croons you actually feel that you are listening to the music through an electronic device even though the soundstage is wide and positioning does sound like you are hearing it from a stage. The M760 drastically do not have this feeling for me and that is why I have defaulted to them for almost all of my earbud listening (currently testing MC5 as well). The 760 sounds natural and the voices, cymbal crashes, and drum beats sound exactly as if you were listening outside in the real world. A good way I like to explain it is that if you had your earbuds in and you closed your eyes and had to guess whether your MP3 player was playing the music or an actual live performance was occurring in front of you, you'd have a harder time guessing correctly with the 760 than the TG38S. With that said, I do agree that the tingo croons are definitely good enough to not be considered a bad earbud - they are just rather love or hate. I don't think BenF has any malicious intent or ulterior motive, but it would be indeed nice to update the original post since he's clearly extremely active. 

Jrazmar, I think you'll be very happy with the MC5. Apparently the drivers used in these are foster OEM and of great quality by the sound of them. I don't think you can go wrong at all. Report back when you have them. 

I will definitely report when the MC5 reaches my auditory nerves. thanks golden guy. you're right. the more i listen to the M760, the more i forget how ugly the cable is. but the buzzing sound on the right channel still bothers me when it's there. I will wait for some BE7 impressions before I decide to buy another M760. eagerly waiting for your review Ben. On another note, I wonder what's keeping ClieOS busy nowadays. He used to be active with earbuds reviews. It would be great if he could contribute something to this thread. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #1,145 of 1,160
I think negative reviews should be added as well . If is ok with benf i can gather all the negative reviews together so they would be added to the front page . Don't get me wrong , tg-38s sound decent but stating that this is the best earbud in existence is a big statement . Anyone who gets here and sees the first thread will 100% order the kingo tg-38s without checking the rest of pages , were about 7 out of 10 found the tg-38s either bad or at most decent. A member even belived that he got a defective pair when he heard them. At least some negative reviews would help members make up their mind when reading both positive and negative reviews . I could do the work for benf if he agreess and anyone can help to gather all the reviews both positive and negative . Just my 2 cents :)

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #1,146 of 1,160
Last time, I spent 4 hours writing MC5 review. So, I write not for everybody read and pass by. I want it on the first page. I tried to be as objective as possible in that review. Yeah, hope you can appreciate another member who wrote reviews.

my review link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711844/dasetn-tingo-baldoor-earbuds-reviews-and-impressions/1035#post_10684055

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,147 of 1,160

No impressions, positive or negative, for TG-38S or any other earbud, has been added to the first page in over 2 months.
I am too busy having a job and posting reviews, to go over nearly a thousand posts since.

Quote:

Why would you even keep reading my reviews if you don't trust me? There are over 600000 other threads on Head-fi.
Or you could start one yourself and show everyone how it's done right.

Excuse me but don't get me wrong, put a link into first page cost 1 minute. Don't say that you don't have time to add negative reviews from people as *strangely* you had for positive ones. How many time cost making a review ? at least 15-20 minutes... and answering people ? 5 minutes also, so please do not lie anymore and just say that you don't want to add negative reviews, it will be more clear to everyone here.
If people must create another thread to gather negative reviews about TG-38s, I think it could be precised into your first post and remove positive reviews also then. Do not ask me to create another thread just for that non-sense, really.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #1,148 of 1,160

Excuse me but don't get me wrong, put a link into first page cost 1 minute. Don't say that you don't have time to add negative reviews from people as *strangely* you had for positive ones. How many time cost making a review ? at least 15-20 minutes... and answering people ? 5 minutes also, so please do not lie anymore and just say that you don't want to add negative reviews, it will be more clear to everyone here.
If people must create another thread to gather negative reviews about TG-38s, I think it could be precised into your first post and remove positive reviews also then. Do not ask me to create another thread just for that non-sense, really.

OMG
eek.gif

The impressions on the first page are from the first 14 pages (for all the earbuds). Are there any negative TG-38S impressions from these 14 pages that I didn't link to?
And who didn't I answer to?
If you think it takes 15-20 minutes to make a proper review,  maybe you can give some pointers to yugopotamia , it takes him a bit longer:

Last time, I spent 4 hours writing MC5 review.

Seriously, why do you keep posting in this thread?
If this is so important to you , then create your own thread, and keep posting there several times a day the same opinion on the same item.
If it's not important to you - move on.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #1,149 of 1,160

OMG
eek.gif

The impressions on the first page are from the first 14 pages (for all the earbuds). Are there any negative TG-38S impressions from these 14 pages that I didn't link to?
And who didn't I answer to?
If you think it takes 15-20 minutes to make a proper review,  maybe you can give some pointers to yugopotamia , it takes him a bit longer:

Seriously, why do you keep posting in this thread?
If this is so important to you , then create your own thread, and keep posting there several times a day the same opinion on the same item.
If it's not important to you - move on.

I never said that you didn't answered to anyone, quite the contrary.
It looks that now I'am the second guy you ask to move out of this thread when asking to add negative reviews into your first post. It looks that shak85 will be the next one then?
Anyway, if you are not agree with my 2 cents, feel free to ignore me, I don't care, really. But I will keep positng here and inform everyone that 38s is not as good as you said for many people also, since you want to change noething into your first post. If you do, I will stop, no worries here.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,150 of 1,160
Benf the fact that you dont add negative reviews means that you are trying to promote them, advertise them for other benefits. Most would think this . But a more balanced first page with both positive and negative reviews would show that there are different tastes for this earbud . So since this is a request by a lot of members as i said , since you dont have time we can find you all the negative reviews and you will just copy and paste the links in first page. It will take you about 10 seconds

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,151 of 1,160
Benf the fact that you dont add negative reviews means that you are trying to promote them, advertise them for other benefits. Most would think this . But a more balanced first page with both positive and negative reviews would show that there are different tastes for this earbud . So since this is a request by a lot of members as i said , since you dont have time we can find you all the negative reviews and you will just copy and paste the links in first page. It will take you about 10 seconds

Can you point to any stretch in this thread that I linked the positive ones but not the negative ones?

3 weeks ago you asked me:
  What's the difference in sq between tingo 38s and baldoor e100?

I answered

Both are great, but different signatures - TG38S is U-shaped, EarBell is balanced. Earbell sounds similar to Yuin PK1,only with lusher mids are heavier punching bass. PK1 can also be sibilant sometime, Earbell not as much.

Given that you love PK1 so much, it should be clear to you back than that TG-38S is not likely to be your cup of tea.
Also, it has been mentioned many times in this thread that a burn-in (both physical and mental), as well as a good bass boost greatly benefit TG-38S.
Yet you have chosen to judge them out of the box, and didn't try the bass boost on your BH2. I don't value your impressions, sorry.

And why are you so obsessed with adding just the negative reviews to first page? What's your agenda?
Usually when people start trolling about TG-38S, they bring up Yuin PK1. People with expensive Blox/Sennheiser/Hisoundaudio/Sunrise/Astrotec/etc earbuds don't do that - they post impressions once (good or bad) and move on. This is not a coincidence, as Yuin loses the most money from this thread.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #1,152 of 1,160

I never said that you didn't answered to anyone, quite the contrary.
It looks that now I'am the second guy you ask to move out of this thread when asking to add negative reviews into your first post. It looks that shak85 will be the next one then?
Anyway, if you are not agree with my 2 cents, feel free to ignore me, I don't care, really. But I will keep positng here and inform everyone that 38s is not as good as you said for many people also, since you want to change noething into your first post. If you do, I will stop, no worries here.

Are you openly declaring that you will troll this thread? Wow, just wow.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,153 of 1,160
As an objective viewer, I believe the request is that links to the negative reviews be added to the summary page in addition to the positive reviews already posted. When someone new, such as myself who only recently came across this thread, comes and looks at the summary page, they will only be seeing positive reviews. There are some who have also posted reviews in this thread that aren't as positive as your postings. By posting both positive and negative review links in the summary, a more objective summary of results is available to the casual viewer.

Just my two cents....

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #1,154 of 1,160
  As an objective viewer, I believe the request is that links to the negative reviews be added to the summary page in addition to the positive reviews already posted. When someone new, such as myself who only recently came across this thread, comes and looks at the summary page, they will only be seeing positive reviews. There are some who have also posted reviews in this thread that aren't as positive as your postings. By posting both positive and negative review links in the summary, a more objective summary of results is available to the casual viewer.

Just my two cents....

Can you point to any stretch in this thread that I linked the positive ones but not the negative ones?

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,155 of 1,160

3 weeks ago you asked me:

I answered

Given that you love PK1 so much, it should be clear to you back than that TG-38S is not likely to be your cup of tea.
Also, it has been mentioned many times in this thread that a burn-in (both physical and mental), as well as a good bass boost greatly benefit TG-38S.
Yet you have chosen to judge them out of the box, and didn't try the bass boost on your BH2. I don't value your impressions, sorry.

And why are you so obsessed with adding just the negative reviews to first page? What's your agenda?
Usually when people start trolling about TG-38S, they bring up Yuin PK1. People with expensive Blox/Sennheiser/Hisoundaudio/Sunrise/Astrotec/etc earbuds don't do that - they post impressions once (good or bad) and move on. This is not a coincidence, as Yuin loses the most money from this thread.

BenF you really are wrong at judging me and my intentions . As i said but you ignored , i'm grateful for this thread since i ve found m760 but i kindly ask as some other members to put the negative reviews as well . The title of the thread is dasetn/tingo/baldoor reviews not Dasetn/tingo/baldoor postivie reviews . All reviews should be lsited . I know how these promotion threads work like some other earphones like tenore . But tenore has 200 pages of positive reviews . Here there are about 40% at least negative reviews . I'm not saying to add all of them , add some of them , at least show some other opinions . Your first page is very one sided . And yes i like pk1 but i also love m760 and i have only expressed my taste about pk1 once or two times . That's it. I think the demand to put the other side as well on first page is not as crazy as you think but is clear by now that you want to put only positive reviews . And really i could care less about yuin losin money , since i bought very first yuin earbud a couple of weeks ago . I' m happy that i got my m760 from this thread , and thank you for that , but praising that much the tingo without showing the negative reviews its just wrong . Hope you understand . Now you can just spend 5 minutes to add some negative reviews or just continue to praise the tingo .  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back