Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #586 of 1,160
When I first purchased them a month ago , I got a defective pair but they were immediately replaced by the seller. I still have the defective pair with me. I got the replacement three days after and to be honest, I was not impressed with the sound. The mids was too forward and the highs was kinda sibilant. The bass was just fine to my taste and I think that was the biggest asset of these earbuds. After that I just kept them and didnt listen again, but every time I burn in new acquitions I also burn in them. To my estimate they already have more than 200 hours of burn in period.

Last night, I tried them again and to my surprise they sounded amazing to my ears. The bass was really tight and controlled, hits really hard and can really go low. The mids is still forward but I like it now especially the vocals. I dont hear sibilance now and the soundstage is really great. I think they really need a long burn in period. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #587 of 1,160
  When I first purchased them a month ago , I got a defective pair but they were immediately replaced by the seller. I still have the defective pair with me. I got the replacement three days after and to be honest, I was not impressed with the sound. The mids was too forward and the highs was kinda sibilant. The bass was just fine to my taste and I think that was the biggest asset of these earbuds. After that I just kept them and didnt listen again, but every time I burn in new acquitions I also burn in them. To my estimate they already have more than 200 hours of burn in period.

Last night, I tried them again and to my surprise they sounded amazing to my ears. The bass was really tight and controlled, hits really hard and can really go low. The mids is still forward but I like it now especially the vocals. I dont hear sibilance now and the soundstage is really great. I think they really need a long burn in period. 

Thank you, I will give it a chance after 200 hours burn in with pink noise.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #588 of 1,160
  There are still 3 more people that should get TG-JL1 and not TC100.
I wonder who the lucky ones are...

popcorn.gif

how do you know that? mine are still stuck somewhere.. lol

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #589 of 1,160
Got the TG-38S today. I am burning them in for an extended period of time before they even touch my ears so we don't get any of the "burn in" debate going once I post my impressions. I'll probably post something tomorrow or Friday. They aesthetically look fantastic though. I'm very excited. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #592 of 1,160
Hehe, I'm careful. They're running on a Fiio E9I with streaming music as we speak. I'll probably take a listen tonight. Thank you again btw

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #593 of 1,160
Burn-in is not just about conditioning the membrane/driver to equilibrate, it is also about getting your ears used to the sound signature. Playing sound through earbuds continuously will achieve the former, but your brain still has to adjust to the new sound from any new pair of earbuds. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #594 of 1,160
  Burn-in is not just about conditioning the membrane/driver to equilibrate, it is also about getting your ears used to the sound signature. Playing sound through earbuds continuously will achieve the former, but your brain still has to adjust to the new sound from any new pair of earbuds. 

I find that really disingenuous like I posted before back a couple of pages. I don't think you can objectively judge the sound after days/weeks of your psyche telling you "these sound good, don't feel bad that you wasted money, don't feel bad, they sound great..."

I usually let them burn in for awhile and then listen to them exclusively for a day or two so brain burn in isn't a biasing factor in my evaluation. So, when you read my post about them, know what you're getting. I think brain burn in is disingenuous as far as trying to give a objective evaluation of sound. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #595 of 1,160

+1

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #596 of 1,160
That might work if you're not constantly changing what you listen with. As it is, I never really have a chance to grow accustomed to one particular sound, but I might be a rare case.

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #597 of 1,160
I reckon you can miss out on something good by dismissing it too early. Sometimes it can take a little while to hear the magic in something, even after some burn-in. Now certainly, if they have you wanting to claw your ears out because the sound is horrible to you, then sure, don't subject yourself to prolonged torture. I think it's also worth spreading the listening over several sets in time so you know it's not that you've gotten used to the sound, but that you do truly enjoy the sound across listening sessions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back