Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jan 31, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #766 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are definitely my favorite tubes, you should give them a try. You could always sell those 2 tubes without a loss.

Wait 'til you boys see my "Darkvoice On Steroids" setup. It'll even scare the hell out of Schwarzenegger! Might be a little while before it's done, but you can't rush these things. Oh did I mention Fitz is the genious in charge?

Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer will both be terrified of your amp once I'm done with it. It's gonna take a little while to get the necessary permits to make it legal for me to mail it though.
plainface.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #767 of 823

I will drop the price on these 1 dollar a day untill sold.
cool.gif
They are 50 dollars paypal
OOps the 2 tubes that rolled on me are a cbs/hytron and a hytron.The one on the bottum is a hytron red label, the one on the right looks like a RCA with grey plates.Dont let the Hytron label turn you off there dam fine tubes.There reviewed well in the 6sn7 tube discription-review on head-fi

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #768 of 823
Are you all wondering should I wait and get a price break. Or if I do,what if someone gets in there first and I miss a good deal.But if I jump in now am I missing saving money. What if its a steal at 40 if I just wait?Or 30?Or is it a steal at 50?What are you all going to do?

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #770 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
49 dollars for Darkvoice owners. I want to buy a nano reef tank.PM me

AWESOME....Nano's are soo great. I have a friend who owns a fish supplier (Carib Fish and Invert's in Fort Lauderdale). I have a small nano tank, which is 5 gallon Eclipse tank with about 15lbs of live Fiji rock...1 small Percula Clown fish with his home (anenime, bad spelling). I got a Peppermint shrimp, tons and tons of feather dusters, pylops and various other inverts. Also go about 20 turbo snails cleaning the bottem =) Its been going for about 6 years now total. Ill have to snap off some pics of it for ya.

I know you know, but this is another case to say sorry for your wallet. Even with a friend getting me everything...ive still spent at least 1000$ over the past few years. At first my salt content was to high, then replaced the water, was to low...had nothing in the tank but inverts for about 1 year. Then the filter gets its alge on it and it starts to balance out. Just really hard to keep a 5 gallon tank at perfect temp, since there is such a small amount of water, it temp goes up and down with ambient, just a few degrees higher and you kill your inverts.

If fact, i have a old picture...this is when i finally was able to get a fish in there and live, he has been alive for about 4 years.

p3170696ye9.jpg

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #771 of 823
Ya please some picts.I have done salt water before but just fish. A mini-reef will be something new to me.
But also I see that in town there is a 36 gallon bow front with glass top for 150 and am thinking of that also.But the nano reef are neat because there self contained and a lot cheaper to start. In town there is a nano cube 12 gallon for 129 I am looking at. Also amazon has a 24 gallon nano cube with stand for 288.So many desisions. Any suggestions for a first tank to start?Any online suppliers that I can get a good price mailorder for a nano reef?

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #773 of 823
Well, first look for a known tank brand. I like Eclipse myself cause its all housed in 1 small package. I have a friend with another brand, his has a small sump type filter. It cost him around 200-300$ for the tank and the stand and i will find out what it is exactly when i see him on friday.

If you want a whole package, with inverts and all, its best to go to a local pet store and get to know the salt water fish guy there. Most places around here have a small tank thats fully setup and running, just ask how much stuff is in there.

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #774 of 823
Quote:

I see from your post a larger tank will be easier to maintain temp control. For that reason the 36 gallon bow front may be the best way to go and just start out slow.

Big tanks are great...just remember, the bigger the tank, the bigger the cost. If you going to do a reef tank, good lighting is a must. If your tank is a High (like 25H) its going to be harder for the reef/inverts to get light. Its really up and down...A 30W would prob be good, not to deep where the light will not reach the bottem, but big enough to fit about 45lbs of live rock.

If you just want inverts and corals, then all you need is good moving water and lots of light. The more light, remember the more alge..which you will prob get some turbos to clean. I wasnt able to keep a fish alive in my tank for more then a month during the first year...i guess the water just wasnt right yet...however the alge and coral/inverts thrived.

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #776 of 823
Quote:

OK I am going to start checking online for a sump,lighting,protien skimmer online for the 36 and see if my wife will pawn her diamond ring for it
biggrin.gif

Here is to help you get started...GL and sorry for your wallet hahaaha

http://www.nano-reef.com/

Jan 31, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #777 of 823
Well I need a new hobby to distract me form the audio one. I found that when I upgrade my sytem I allways go WOW! it sounds great. Then after awhile I start finding fault somewhere and wonder if such and such equipment well have a little better detail,or bass, or mids or something. I have to stop somewhere and say thats it.
This is a audio distraction for the allways want more type personality.None of this hobby will ever be perfect and its a never ending quest.So I am saying goodbye and I am off the audio treadmill.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #779 of 823
I received Fitz' former THA336FM a few days ago and have been listening to it quite a bit with various tubes and all I can say is 'WOW'. That output coupling capacitor mod definately has opened up the low end of the bass spectrum with my Grados. With a ken-rad vt-231 and a bendix 6080wb the bass with my RS-2s is as plentiful as with my DT990 '05! It may even be more 'substantial' than my PPX3 SLAM! I need to do more listening/tube rolling to compare them in more depth. This amp is truely a piece of head-fi art. Fitz for president! <j/k>
rs1smile.gif

Happy Listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back