Darkvoice 3322
Jan 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 68
You need to do some searching. Yes, a lot of people here have the Darkvoice 332. There is already an abundance of threads about it. It's made overseas, whereas the Woo amps are made in the US. I think its safe to say the Woo is the better amp.

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, a lot of people here have the Darkvoice 332.

3322 seems like either a updated or different version of 332.

From Darkvoice earphone amplifier THA 336 332 337 FIGARO Liangyinfang Workroom
2. What is the difference between THA-332 and THA-3322?
The main difference is that the appearance and work. The output capacitance is also difference, the 332 uses the SOLEN capacitance of France, however the 3322 uses Vishay Roederstein capacitance and BC resistance which makes it better high frequency and the low frequency is more deeply and strength.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 68
I have the 3322, and am in the process of burning it in: it has about 50hrs on it so far and it sounds great. Better than the 332? At the moment I am running the 3322 on the stock Chinese tubes, whilst the 332 is running on a set of SVETLANA 6S19P-Bs and AEG/SEIMENS 6AK5Ws, so final judgements will have to wait until I can run the 3322 on the SVETLANA/AEG combo. But the 3322 is an absolute cracker: the bass is wonderfully deep - so was the 332 - but it is more defined, more articulate; the soundstage is better, most noticeably deeper, with lots of little things going on that I had not noticed before.

These are preliminary observations - I will write a more thorough review when I reach the 100hrs mark. What is slowing me down is I have another amp, an AUDIOTAILOR HM-1, which I am also burning in, and also a set of BEYERDYNAMIC DT880s (2005). So not only am I switching between amps but headphones also: between the DT880s and HD650s. Although the BEYERs are not running at their best yet, I have to say I prefer the HD650s with the 3322, but that may change.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to do some searching. Yes, a lot of people here have the Darkvoice 332. There is already an abundance of threads about it. It's made overseas, whereas the Woo amps are made in the US. I think its safe to say the Woo is the better amp.

I dont think that is safe to say at all. Have you done any comparisons? Which Woo amp do you own? Do you own any DV amps? I owned both the Woo 3 and Woo 6 and I was not impressed by the either. I was particularly disappointed by the stock Woo 6.

I bought a used, entry level Dark Voice 336SE on a whim and I am very impressed with the DV using Senn 580/600s. The DV has a bigger, more open soundstage, better bass, better dynamics and a much more coherent and involving sound. The Woo 6 had a tiny soundstage, rubbery and subjectively non-linear bass and an overall sound that I would describe as canned and compressed.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the HD650s with the 3322

Looking forward for your review, I currently have the HD600 and looking for a semi-decent tube amp. I'm consider Darkvoice 3322, LD IVSE and Woo 6

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 68
Glad you like your 3322. I was going to order one today but now I think I'll wait for your next review.
popcorn.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #14 of 68
I would avoid AudiophileChina, Coredump, there has been a number of bad reports about them lately: either buyers receiving damaged items or no items at all. There are a couple of reliable sellers on E-Bay, most notably Jasmine Chine. But their prices are pretty average for the 3322, although Jasmine does have a "Make me an Offer" facility.

I bought mine from DARKVOICE themselves, or rather their "agents" in China - a company called BOYIER.COM. Their site does not allow you to buy direct - it does not seem to function properly - but you can e-mail them at: zhoulin81@163.com. But best of all, they are a fair bit cheaper than E-Bay: at the last look, E-Bay sellers were charging £325 for the amp and £50 for shipping; BOYIER were charging £270 plus £50 shipping. I was going to approach Jasmine, but to tell you the truth I do not think he would drop the price from £325 to £270. I went for BOYIER and although they took longer to deliver - they wait about a week before shipping - I had a good experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back