Darkest Desires Part V
Jan 6, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #2,431 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, there was a recent thread about heavy metal as a genre. I stated my case about genres and blah, blah, blah.

Hey, I remember that! Let's restart it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #2,433 of 2,645
Was that this thread ?

I haven't seen one of these hate threads for years, but then again I haven't actively browsed the forums everyday for years.

I can understand the OPs point of view, I used to bash every Tool and Radiohead thread I could find because I didn't enjoy the music but everybody else did.
I still don't like Radiohead, and I'm not really into Tool but their music is quite listenable, however these days I don't really care at all what other people enjoy. However it's good to know people who like the same things you do, and that's why I always make the effort to post in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Cheers Guys!

Such bands that grow so popular will always have die-hard fans and die-hard antagonists. Creating such threads are a pointless waste of time, unless you're just looking for an argument.

Sure, I'll agree that these days I don't enjoy the path Opeth chooses to tread, and I would agree that the further along they go, the more pretentious the get.
But that doesn't change the fact that they've made some awesome albums, and no matter how far the band falls, I won't enjoy those albums any less.

Time for a spin of MAYH I think
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it sounds good, and it is heavy with melody, then it satisfies my "Darkest Desires". Sorry, I could not resist, as Eyeteeth (I believe) was never a fan of that title for this thread. I wonder where he is. Just up and disappeared...

Speaking of disappearing, where's Nacher?

His opinions and finds are always cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #2,435 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X3

Must set yourself free from the shackles of genre obsession.......

Haahaha...YES!! Set yourself free from the hatred and blinding effects of genre-ism !! Preach brother!
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #2,436 of 2,645
Quote:

Best dark metal of 2008

1)Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
2)Septic Flesh - Communion
3)Amon Amarth - Thunder God
4)Opeth - Watershed
5)Eluveitie - Slania
6)Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky
7)Kalmah - For the Revolution
8)Moonspell - Night Eternal
9)Esoteric - Maniacal Vale
10)Testament - Formation of Damnation

Have not heard new Enslaved yet.........very likely great

Order has been placed for new Enslaved Vertebrae CD, plus also to complete the entire catalog ordered Monumension CD which is only Enslaved album I don't currently own

I - Between two Worlds
Also ordered this CD cheap used at Amazon which was made by Abbath after break-up of Immortal, sound samples are very good, look forward to getting this which actually came out 11/2006

21RWZN22LkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #2,437 of 2,645
I love the song "Warriors" off of Between Two Worlds

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #2,438 of 2,645
Quote:

Order has been placed for new Enslaved Vertebrae CD, plus also to complete the entire catalog ordered Monumension CD which is only Enslaved album I don't currently own

I - Between two Worlds
Also ordered this CD cheap used at Amazon which was made by Abbath after break-up of Immortal, sound samples are very good, look forward to getting this which actually came out 11/2006

Anything from Enslaved is excelent stuff. I love Vikinglirg Veldis and recently re-discovered Mardraum, don't know why I found it less good on the first listens, it's excelent.

"Between Two Worlds" is very good epic metal, almost like Motorhead meets Immortal
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #2,440 of 2,645
Now I read somewhere that Immortal was getting back together......we will see what develops, last album was 2002 Sons of Northern Darkness

Satyricon
New album Age of Nero to be released in USA very soon 1/13/09

Japc have you heard this yet?

5140Ge7QQqL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #2,442 of 2,645
Quote:

I - Between two Worlds

21RWZN22LkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I just noticed the graphic image of letter "I" on CD cover represents the void or negative space of two round shapes or worlds about to touch each other.......

Thus the title Between Two Worlds is given abstract graphic symbol with cover art
popcorn.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #2,444 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eww, satyricon hasn't made anything worthwhile since Dark Medieval Times.

thats gotta be my least favorite cd by them. the shadowthrone and nemesis divina are awesome. how can you not crank that stuff up and just go to another place.

Jan 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #2,445 of 2,645
Most of us probably missed this...

posted in the Dargaard Myspace forums on October 4, 2008 by Tharen himself

Quote:

Hi all,
sorry that there is no breaking news on a new Dargaard release, but I'm just working on a new Amestigon release which will be in the phase of mixing within a few days from now.
After that I'm going to record vocals for another project again, i already did 2 songs for them, they are Crown thy Horns from Greece. Very good Black/Heathen Metal.
After that I'll be working on Dargaard again. Due to the fact that I hope to move to a new home again in some months i cannot telly you when it will be done - i hope for your patience.

So by reading that I'm hoping we'll see their next album come out sometime in the latter half of the year
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back