Dark Angel's Crypt, More Pics
Feb 23, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #16 of 43
Bit light for a crypt, eh?

Feb 23, 2002 at 9:57 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
I love your sense of decor D.A. Is that a Siouxie poster on one of the pictures?

Pretty sure it is
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Mac & Onix
Can't get anything by you guys, yes that is Siouxsie poster behind
2nd stereo system.

Yep D.A., the robot and the cat know it all.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2002 at 2:20 PM Post #23 of 43
Nice pics, DA, are you an interior decorator or something?
smily_headphones1.gif

How many CDs does that rack hold? I've got one of those 400 CD spinning plastic things that I really can't stand.

Feb 23, 2002 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 43
Kelly
The black rack behind 50" TV holds 900 Cds, it is just laminated particle board construction.

When I lived in Chicago from 1980-92 I was an industrial designer at Goldsmith Yamasaki Specht ofiice located above the old Crate & Barrel store when it was across the street from Water Tower Place Michigan Ave.

If I had a bigger place I would love to do some more with combining modern/50's/french baroque style.

Feb 23, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
Am I the only nutt who actually cleans their gear?

Nope, read the thread i created!

Feb 24, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #30 of 43
Yep,
The MOHR (aka as Baby Max) is very close to Max sound quality according to guys at Headroom and costs $450 less. There are some ugraded parts but the majority of the price difference goes to custom appearance details.

It is noticeably better than Corda, with more authority and finesse
also I think the crossfeed is better on MOHR vs Corda. We have really entered the realm of diminishing returns however, as the small improvements must be offset by almost 4x the cost! This is my final SS headphone amp, I will not spend more.

I did briefly consider tube units but each has some drawback:
-Melos Sha, reliability issues and service
-Micro Zotl, poor control layout making rack use difficult/impossible
-MG Head OTL, wish ASL offered an upgrade pro/deluxe unit for $600 tweaked out to max
-EMP, what happens if I have problem? back to Germany? I would seriously consider this unit if it were serviced by more dealers, looks very cool.

As I discussed elsewhere with KWarth, reliabiliy & service are very important to me when buying high end gear, just as important as sound quality in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back