Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #196 of 332
It would be cool if Dapper recognized changes to ID3 tags too. I changed the genres of most of my songs after using Dapper in order to get a cleaner list on the DAP, but Dapper doesn't recognize ID3 changes as being eligible for synching.

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #197 of 332
Surf Monkey - that would be a useful feature, I agree.

As a follow-up to my last post, I tried the workaround provided by Apple, but with no luck. Everything stayed the same on the Fiio X1 and X3. It seems as if all smart playlists that do not have some kind of column sorting on them get displayed exactly the same as in iTunes. It´s still alright if there is some kind of column sorting but without different values in the sorted column. If there are different values in the sorted column, then the smart playlist obviously doesn´t get exported in a correct way.

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #198 of 332
I filed a big with Apple well over a year ago on the smart playlist order. Basically you'll notice it's sorting by artist.

No luck so far.

On the issue of ID3 tag changes, Dapper looks at file size. Most times if you modify the file, it changes.

If the size stays the same, unfortunately date modified is not reliable because of how some Daps do or don't allow changing of the date... they do not allow me to specify the destination file time is the same as the original file time, so next time I check they won't to be equal and everything seems like it needs to be updated ..so unfortunately this doesn't work.

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #199 of 332
I filed a big with Apple well over a year ago on the smart playlist order. Basically you'll notice it's sorting by artist.

No luck so far.

On the issue of ID3 tag changes, Dapper looks at file size. Most times if you modify the file, it changes.

If the size stays the same, unfortunately date modified is not reliable because of how some Daps do or don't allow changing of the date... they do not allow me to specify the destination file time is the same as the original file time, so next time I check they won't to be equal and everything seems like it needs to be updated ..so unfortunately this doesn't work.

Drat. Too bad. I'll have to wipe my cards and re-synchronize the whole thing.

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #201 of 332
Hi again Jeremy, thanks for the confirmation and information. That is what I had feared we would end up with - waiting for Apple to clear that minor bug. I guess it's not too high on their priority list, now that it doesn't concern any of their devices anymore. Anyway, time will heal (I hope).

Besides that, Dapper is still running smoothly, and is a reliable companion. Thanks again for this piece of software.

Jul 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #203 of 332
All,

There seem to be tons of new Digital Audio players hitting from various manufacturers and I am unable to buy them all in order to test and create DAP definitions for each.

There is an option which is in use for things like headphone measurements at InnerFidelity and others, where you can send your gear in for setup.

To follow suit I have introduced our Add DAP Service where, if you are willing, you can ship us your DAP and I'll test and make a config for it directly.
This usually takes one to two days, after which I ship back - insured and ready to go.

If you're interested, have an old DAP you think needs to be added, or hear of anyone wanting to add their dap/get their DAP supported, you can head over to the page here: https://www.map-pin.com/dapper/add-dap-service.html

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #204 of 332
Hey Jeremy,
I don't know if it's supported but I'm having troubles trying to sync an Android device (running Nougat 7.1.2) and I can't copy any files to it, do you know a way to fix it?
That's the error that shows. :frowning2:

Thanks for your help! :)

EDIT:
I have attached the photo to google drive, hope you can see it there. :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qMDuOXYKLRZl9sZlIzX0EwZ0U

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 21.43.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 21.43.13.png
    944.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #206 of 332
I recently purchased a Sony WM1A. Everything is working great with the exception of Dapper not deleting songs from the dap that I remove from the synced playlist. I never had this issue with my nwzx100. I checked and the never delete files option is not checked.

Aug 6, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #207 of 332
I recently purchased a Sony WM1A. Everything is working great with the exception of Dapper not deleting songs from the dap that I remove from the synced playlist. I never had this issue with my nwzx100. I checked and the never delete files option is not checked.

That’s a pain - please reach out on support.map-pin.com and I’ll get you squared away

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #208 of 332
Dear all, I need help for importing playlist in my DAP by Dapper,

I just bought an ibasso DX80 recently, and the music and playlist sync perfectly into my DAP.

However, when I import the playlist from my SD card, the content shows no song in the playlist.??

I have tried to create a playlist by DX80, and export it to my laptop for editing.

I try to use the path from the exported playlist, but not work on every song I type in.

please tell me how to sync the playlist and import them perfectly with Dapper? (the reason I bought DX80 is b/c Dapper can sync the iTunes music database perfectly, but if dapper can't......godddd help me....)

btw, I have tried the method with rescanning SD1 & SD2 before and after I import the playlist, still not helping.....

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #209 of 332
I wonder if iBasso has changed their setup. For the internal paths to the different storage areas you'll see (in the playlists section) that Dapper has Ibasso set to use
/mnt/sdcard
and
/mnt/external_sd

There is a very strong likelihood these root paths to the files are the issue, or that you selected the external card as the "first" drive in Dapper. You may want to unlock and then click the iBasso icon and the SDCard icon to reselect the drives...

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #210 of 332
I'm using the default setting as DX80, SD1 as /mnt/sdcard and also named SD1 as "sdcard"; SD2 as /mnt/external_sd and also named SD1 as "external_sd"

I select the first SD card as the one named sdcard, and select the second SD card as the one named external_sd.

however, it's still no content in my playlist after I import it.

is it possible due to the characters in my song list? I have multi-language include in my music database (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English, French, German, Italian...etc)

:frowning2:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back