DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
May 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #181 of 2,125
@designmaniac

If you're lucky, you could ask a few singaporeans if they could lend you their tralucent 1p2. I demoed one by meeting w it's owner. Also, do remember in SG there is K10, mentor, se846 etc, be sure to check local stores to see which place is best to go. Btw you can demo NT6 at null audio.

I am in SG and yes there are all sorts of TOTL IEMs for demo at various local stores (except for 1plus2 or the new upcoming Ref 1 from Tralucent Audio). The different stores kind of complement one another in the range of brands available, i.e. if one store does not carry the brand you are looking for another store will most likely have it. Seems to me the stores here have some distribution agreement/partnership with the various brands.

Jaben - has almost every IEM/CIEM/CANs (probably the 1st place you want to check out) - JH, FitEars, Etymotics, Ear Sonics, Vision Ears, Sennheiser, Fostex, Abyss, Byerdynamic...

Treoo - Noble Audio (only place with 3/4/5/6/8C/K10 for auditioning), Fischer Audio, LEAR...

Stereo - Carry the more mainstream universal IEM/CANs, e.g. Sennheiser, Fostex, Sony, AKG, Audeze, Bose, Grado, Fischer Audio, JVC, Shure, Skullcandy, UE, Westone, etc. Sole distributor of Unique Melody and iFi DAC/Amps.

Connect IT - Similar to Stereo. Tends to selectively carry the newer latest IEMs/CANs as well as many ALO products. Only deals with universals, no customs.

AV One - Sole distributor of Audeze latest LCD-X/XC. You cannot find X/XC in the other above-mentioned stores.

I am not sure if there are other prominent audiophile stores for IEMs, so if anyone from SG knows can also chip in to this.

May 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #183 of 2,125
Couldn't find an answer to this...

The Cypher 720 got panned for having a pretty high noise floor.  Does the Duet correct this issue and make it usable as an iem amp?  Basically getting tired of waiting for a DAP that is both a portable DAP and portable DAC/AMP without problems or odd design choices.

Thanks in advance.

May 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #184 of 2,125
The Duet has a very good black and quiet background with iems (no hiss or noise). Paired with the Solo -dB, there isn't a lot of useable pot movement but it sounds excellent never the less, especially with the Solo and Duet are connected balanced.

It was certainly the best "portable" SQ I've heard. However I put portable in quotes because it's not really portable. Portable to me means being able to pocket it. You're not going to pocket a CL stack.

May 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #185 of 2,125
Couldn't find an answer to this...

The Cypher 720 got panned for having a pretty high noise floor.  Does the Duet correct this issue and make it usable as an iem amp?  Basically getting tired of waiting for a DAP that is both a portable DAP and portable DAC/AMP without problems or odd design choices.

Thanks in advance.

The duet has the quietest back ground ive ever heard and AFAIK, it is made really with iems in mind. You can also try vorgz pure amp II which is really close to the duet.

May 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #188 of 2,125

What range is there when on low gain?  Mute to 9 o'clock? High noon?

I can't remember exactly, as I've since sold it (sold only for personal portability issues).  I want to say from mute to noon with my least efficient iems and maybe 9 or 10 with my most efficient.  The FitEar F111 had the least volume pot movement, yet sounded the the best with it.  It really scaled with the CL stack.  Plus no noise or hiss with a FitEar iem is impressive.

edit: There is more volume pot range with a less powerful source.  For instance if using it from an iPod line out. 

May 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #190 of 2,125
Hi mate! Have you tried to pair the vorgz pure II with full size cans like the audeze line? Just want to know how many juice can the vorgz give..

Sorry, couldn't resist.  
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #191 of 2,125
My dap library is encoded with replay gain so it shouldn't be too bad since the RG files are already a good 9dB below 0dB.

May 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #192 of 2,125
Hi mate! Have you tried to pair the vorgz pure II with full size cans like the audeze line? Just want to know how many juice can the vorgz give..

Hi zeppu,

Unfortunately I have not been able to try the pure ii with any full size cans, sorry about that! I think Shigzeo might be able to give more insight on this.

May 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #193 of 2,125
The Duet has a very good black and quiet background with iems (no hiss or noise). Paired with the Solo -dB, there isn't a lot of useable pot movement but it sounds excellent never the less, especially with the Solo and Duet are connected balanced.

It was certainly the best "portable" SQ I've heard. However I put portable in quotes because it's not really portable. Portable to me means being able to pocket it. You're not going to pocket a CL stack.

Does it beat Hugo's SQ as a portable device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back