DAP Advice Needed
Jun 10, 2018 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

groovyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Am planning on purchasing a new DAP with the following requirements but I have no idea what the latest greatest is that covers these. All advice appreciated...

Must haves in order of priority...
  • Fast and flawless support for 400GB SanDisk Ultra microSD XC - My entire music collection is on this card and it needs to just work without headaches or UI lag shuffling through album or artist view, browsing for songs, etc. I must add I currently have a iBasso DX90 which can read this card but takes forever to bring up the artist/album view etc. Entirely unusable and this is primarily my motivation for getting something new. It needs to work and be lag free with this card. Highest priority!
  • Simple UI - One button random shuffle play of all songs on the entire card or a couple more presses by artist or album - 99.9% of the time I want to just hit play and let it shuffle all songs on the card while I hit the gym. I don't want a high maintenance UI requiring a lot of decision making. Play and go!
  • Good single ended performance - Will mostly drive Noble Audio Savant IEMs in the gym but on the go might also see Beyer T5ps on an airplane, subway, etc. Doesn't need tons of power but I want clean low bass that doesn't feel compromised.
  • Cost - Lower is better. These are for portable use so I really don't want to spend double for that last .001% sound quality I won't hear anyway. Let's shoot for <$300 and see what's available.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 3
The Shanling M2s is a wonderful source device, but I received the FiiO M7 for review a little while ago and I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with it as a device. I'm used to FiiO's devices being somewhat riddled with silly software bugs and mistakes, but the M7 is so close to perfection.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 3
but the M7 is so close to perfection.
I agreed with this. With the close price to Fiio X3 MKIII, I think M7 will kill it almost immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back