Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 10, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #5,881 of 6,003
Thanks for the answers. The in-ear monitor I want to buy is one that is very different in terms of sound in relation to stealth, I thought about the Empire EVO because of the bass sound it provides.

If you want something TOTALLY different than the Stealth, Campfire Audio Trifecta would be my choice. Has the bass of EVO, but with mids and treble not adhering to the Harman Curve but delivered in a very pleasing manner :)

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #5,882 of 6,003
From a Topping amp except for Topping LA90, these won't sound engaging

To give a total opposite opinion. I disagree. It has more than enough headroom to destroy your hearing. Low gain almost never go past 2'clock for classical. I know you have a different audio worldview, but to say these won't be engaging with enough power is silly. I think some people listen to amps rather than headphones and the best amp is the next one to get released....and the next and the next..

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #5,883 of 6,003
To give a total opposite opinion. I disagree. It has more than enough headroom to destroy your hearing. Low gain almost never go past 2'clock for classical. I know you have a different audio worldview, but to say these won't be engaging with enough power is silly. I think some people listen to amps rather than headphones and the best amp is the next one to get released....and the next and the next..

Totally fine. It's just that I heard Stealth's and Expanse's potential to how I liked them to sound to my preferences. LA90 gave more drive to them (i.e. sounding tighter and "quicker" for a lack of word no matter how complex the track can be) than the A90 (punchy dynamics but isn't able to maintain it once tracks get really busy compared to LA90 like it felt veiled on complex tracks).

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #5,885 of 6,003

CMA has some interesting takes on other equipment but i'm glad to see him spreading the Stealth love :)

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #5,886 of 6,003
Does Dan Clark Audio have plans to manufacture a Stealth MK2?
I get the impression that DCA has pretty long upgrade cycles. The Stealth is the first of the AMTS series, the Expanse the open back, the Estat Corina, and the more affordable E3. Each having a little different tuning to suit the listener.

Not sure how the Stealth can be significantly improved. Time will tell.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #5,887 of 6,003
My wish is a Stealth and Expanse MK2 with improved dynamics/transient attacks of the E3 (you know like the Utopia dynamics). The only thing that’s holding me back from owning these is that there are very few amps that can bring this trait

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #5,888 of 6,003
I get the impression that DCA has pretty long upgrade cycles. The Stealth is the first of the AMTS series, the Expanse the open back, the Estat Corina, and the more affordable E3. Each having a little different tuning to suit the listener.

Not sure how the Stealth can be significantly improved. Time will tell.

Whereby Corina really didn't succeed in the tonal presentation.....😝👎
(There is simply too much missing)

NOMAX

PS.Yes, there are also negative things from me from time to time 😎

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #5,889 of 6,003
Does someone know distributor in EU who has Stealth pads?

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #5,890 of 6,003
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #5,891 of 6,003
Response time from Audiodomain is just outrageous (if you even get an answer from them in any way).

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #5,892 of 6,003
Response time from Audiodomain is just outrageous (if you even get an answer from them in any way).
With me communication was fast, and item was shipped almost instantly.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #5,894 of 6,003
Pad swap was not as easy as the video in youtube would indicate, old pad removal was MUCH harder to do. But sound quality improved by a margin, so it was worth it.

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #5,895 of 6,003
Pad swap was not as easy as the video in youtube would indicate, old pad removal was MUCH harder to do. But sound quality improved by a margin, so it was worth it.
Which video on YouTube? I have a fresh set of pads here but I haven't gotten around to doing the swap yet. Any tips to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back