Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #1,636 of 1,945
Well, I‘m not that talented using soldering irons and stuff like that. It's for a reason I earn my money ‘looking at numbers on a screen‘. But thanks for the link, maybe I'll get the additional cable there. Do you have any experiences with their cables?
It's good quality, nice looking cable (which is why I got it) but took quite a long time, like 5-6 weeks - that was a couple of years ago. But now it says ~3 weeks.

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #1,637 of 1,945
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #1,639 of 1,945
Way awesome @Hans Yolo - thanks a lot for that. I was thinking along the same lines (how to keep the headband up and in place), but hadn’t thought of zip ties yet. I just got word from DCA that another option would be to lose one of the black screws in the gimbals, but will only able to verify that once I’m back home and have my tools. Pretty positive now that this will get sorted and super happy with that prospect!

I salute your research, Hans! Hope you find the right HP for your needs.
Zip ties helped me using Philips Fidelio X2. E3 headband really isn't the most comfortable one. It's also possible to use the headband from DCA Aeons, but you need to carefully unscrew. Metal rods will be bent a bit inwards though.

I don't get the part about black screws in the gimbals.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #1,641 of 1,945
It's good quality, nice looking cable (which is why I got it) but took quite a long time, like 5-6 weeks - that was a couple of years ago. But now it says ~3 weeks.

I don't think I'll be in a rush for an additional cable. So I‘ll surely look into these cables.

But first I need to to decide if I really need another headphone.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #1,642 of 1,945
Zip ties helped me using Philips Fidelio X2. E3 headband really isn't the most comfortable one. It's also possible to use the headband from DCA Aeons, but you need to carefully unscrew. Metal rods will be bent a bit inwards though.

Not comfortable for you. I have absolutely no problem with the fit. So It really depends on the shape of your head and sensitivity. Abyss MR is much less clampy tho.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #1,646 of 1,945
I’m back home and finally got round to try the screw mod. It’s actually quite simple:

IMG_3021.jpeg

These are on both sides, but only visible when you bend the gimbal. Remove them and clamping force is reduced. Actually works like a charm!

Thanks a lot and hats off to DCA for the fast and diligent customer service provided!

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #1,647 of 1,945
I’m back home and finally got round to try the screw mod. It’s actually quite simple:

IMG_3021.jpeg

These are on both sides, but only visible when you bend the gimbal. Remove them and clamping force is reduced. Actually works like a charm!

Thanks a lot and hats off to DCA for the fast and diligent customer service provided!
So is this an all or nothing kinda thing or if you just loosen them a little it loosens the clamp force just a little?

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #1,648 of 1,945
It’s really just a little bit. The clamp and seal is still there. But I can see people who would think this isn’t enough (force).

But, yes, it’s in or out, no gradual adjustment.

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #1,650 of 1,945
Well, after thoroughly studying more than half of this thread, I finally caved in and hit the order button. Five percent discount on something that is usually never ever discounted over here got me. But the shop's easter special seems to cover almost everything they offer on their site.

And now it's time to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back