Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Feb 29, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #1,441 of 1,959
.. Thank you for clarification. So it would seem they wont clamp properly enough for a closed back on my average sized head to get the intended sound.(your head is average and i might be smaller still)..Pity as there's a 1.199euro refurbed outlet set available. The price is tempting if thicker pads worked the seal problem.

As you will have seen above, Dekoni pads and a WyWires Platinum leave NOTHING left to be desired in that bass!

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #1,442 of 1,959
We can easily help with clamp just email info at danclarkaudio, Sue will send you a simple kit that takes <5 min, that will likely help with your other issue as well.

🤩 be still my heart… might there be hope 🥹

(email sent)

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #1,444 of 1,959
Looking for an upgrade from iFi Gryphon to use as transportable DAC / Amp for E3.
Hugo 2? Fiio M17? WA 11? Any Suggestions. Listen to mostly Film Scores Hans Zimmer and Clasical Wagner Mahler, Stravinsky
Thanks
Im quite happy with the Fiio M17.
Liked Hugo 1 better when Hugo 2 came out YMMV

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,445 of 1,959
@mrspeakers is there any way to loosen the clamping force slightly on the E3 (other than exchanging the whole mechanism like Plakat did)? That would truly make it perfect for me 😇
Not really, no. I don't think we've had anyone complain it's too clampy but I also don't see all customer communications...

You could try moving the position of the strap forward or back on your head, you may find there's less pressure in some positions for the strap than others. Nothing says the strap must be right on the crown...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #1,446 of 1,959
The strap is no issue for me. Just the pressure from the sides…

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #1,447 of 1,959
The strap is no issue for me. Just the pressure from the sides…
You can reduce clamp by reducing the tension on the strap… less tension on band = less clamp

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #1,448 of 1,959
Huh… ok! Will try that. Cheers!

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #1,449 of 1,959
Down to just the E3's as my only hi-fi headphones for my desktop setup (660S are my gaming headphones) and I couldn't be happier. I keep just hearing what I consider pretty close to perfection. DCA really hit it out of the park with this one!

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #1,450 of 1,959
Down to just the E3's as my only hi-fi headphones for my desktop setup (660S are my gaming headphones) and I couldn't be happier. I keep just hearing what I consider pretty close to perfection. DCA really hit it out of the park with this one!
Wouldn't the E3 make for a better gaming headphone?

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #1,451 of 1,959
Would love to hear them out that Holo DAC/amp combo and then you hear no upper mid-forward hardness with that set-up ?
I did guess/believe to my ears that was maybe Hugo2 magnifying the slight character of that region of the can.

I'd love to hook them up a to compatible Cayin tube headamp as well with the tube dialibility function.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #1,452 of 1,959
how is E3 for gaming?

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #1,453 of 1,959
Wouldn't the E3 make for a better gaming headphone?
how is E3 for gaming?

I actually need to try it for gaming! Just haven't yet, really. It may end up that the 660S' could also go bye bye :)
Would love to hear them out that Holo DAC/amp combo and then you hear no upper mid-forward hardness with that set-up ?
I did guess/believe to my ears that was maybe Hugo2 magnifying the slight character of that region of the can.

I'd love to hook them up a to compatible Cayin tube headamp as well with the tube dialibility function.

The E3's can be more mid-forward but I wouldn't say there is any harshness/hardness in the mids. They're just a lot more present than the vast majority of the headphones I've had before other than the Atrium Opens & Susvaras likely. So, ya, they're present but not harsh.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #1,455 of 1,959
Might have missed it if already covered, but am curious how the E3's compare to the Meze Empyrean (OG) as a headphone, as both are locally available at a similar price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back