Damn you HEV70!
Jan 24, 2006 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently bought a HE60+HEV70 at auction, and just when the seller was about to ship them out to me he emailed me to tell me that apon inspection the HEV70s are broken and will need to ne sent off for repairs.
redface.gif

It's almost like the HEV70s exist for the sole purpose of agrivating HE-60 owners, don't you think? In any case, I'm going to be glad to get rid of the bloody things so I can enjoy my Baby O's in peace.

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 13
Didn't you pick up a pair of the HE90's as well in the Meier deal?

If so, that's great that we will have another head-fier that has both of these fine headphones on hand to hopefully provide some great impressions in the future. I'm always eager to hear how others interpret the difference(s) between the two.

Enjoy the HE60's!

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Didn't you pick up a pair of the HE90's as well in the Meier deal?

Nope, not me. The only way I could afford an Orpheus is if it was off the back of a truck. The Baby O's were sort of like my consolation prize.

Quote:

Enjoy the HE60's!

I plan to, but I've got to sort out the mess with the HEV70 first. I'm going to be pretty miffed if I have to wait a couple of months to use my HE60s because of some shonky amp I'm only intending to get a couple of months use out of...

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 13
Oh my mistake.

You are in the same boat as me it appears. I received my HE90 about two weeks ago but I don't have an amp to use them with. They scream from the closet each night that they are tired of sleeping but I have no solution at the moment.

What amp are you thinking about getting for the HE60's in a few months?

I'm waiting for reviews of the upcoming amps before making a decision.

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

What amp are you thinking about getting for the HE60's in a few months?

I'm waiting for reviews of the upcoming amps before making a decision.

I haven't decided yet. Not a KGSS, I don't think. Probably an Egmont or an EA-1, but I'm going to have to save for a while to afford them, so I've got plenty of time to decide. If could actually listen to the HE60s it would make my life much easier, but oh no, the evil HEV70 saw to that...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

I received my HE90 about two weeks ago but I don't have an amp to use them with.

Two weeks ago? Sigh. I got mine more than two months ago, but I still don't have an amp to use them with.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~18th_Angel~
You guys should quit you're whining and go buy some hundred dollar headphones.
evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-large]No one can really tell the difference![/size]

orphsmile.gif

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #10 of 13
pair the HE60 with other amp could be much better than HEV70. You are so lucky, Carl. Congrats<>

Jan 24, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
pair the HE60 with other amp could be much better than HEV70. You are so lucky, Carl. Congrats<>

That's the idea. However I emptied my monetary reserves to pay for the headphones, so it'll be a while before I can afford a new amp...

Jan 24, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 13
lol, Congrads, Carl. So close but yet so far... but it's good to know the Baby O is safe in the hands of a Kiwi.
biggrin.gif
Hope you get to enjoy them soon!

Overlunge

Jan 24, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
lol, Congrads, Carl. So close but yet so far... but it's good to know the Baby O is safe in the hands of a Kiwi.
biggrin.gif
Hope you get to enjoy them soon!

Thanks mate.

Anyone who what sort of turnaround time there is with getting Sennheiser to repair things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back