Damaged stylli on my Grado Gold cart?
Sep 17, 2006 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Here's a pic:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Anch=imgAnch39

I haven't rolled a record in ages since someone pointed out it might be bent...is it? It used to skip like crazy on some records when I first purchased the TT used on audiogon, it's a Rega Planar P3 (iirc).

If the stylli is bent, who should I turn to to replace it? Not sure if Grado does repairs on stylii's for some reason
confused.gif

Thanks!

-George

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 14
According to the papers that came with my Grado Gold, its stylus assembly should be user replaceable, provided you have the removal tool that comes with the cartridge. It also states that replacement stylus assembly can be purchased from a dealer.

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
According to the papers that came with my Grado Gold, its stylus assembly should be user replaceable, provided you have the removal tool that comes with the cartridge. It also states that replacement stylus assembly can be purchased from a dealer.

Hmm, ok. I don't have the removal tool. I'll contact Grado and see if they'd be willing to replace it before I have to...I imagine i'd break it (clumsy hands).

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 14
Hey Nick 214,

Please don't put up links to my competitors in my forum. I missed about 1 week out here and missed this thread until now.

Gloco,

I sell the replacement stylus for the Grado Presige series. The Stylus looks twisted to me and it is real easy to change. If you haven't gotten this taken care of yet, I can send you one of my tools for FREE and give you a discount on the Stylus. Just give me a call and I'll take good care of you.

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Here's a pic:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Anch=imgAnch39

I haven't rolled a record in ages since someone pointed out it might be bent...is it? It used to skip like crazy on some records when I first purchased the TT used on audiogon, it's a Rega Planar P3 (iirc).

If the stylli is bent, who should I turn to to replace it? Not sure if Grado does repairs on stylii's for some reason
confused.gif

Thanks!

-George

G-Loco, I read this post, read this comic, put the two together and thought of you.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

I'll pour a 40 for your stylus tonite!

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #11 of 14
LOL Jahn.

Todd, thankd for the offer! I did send in the cart to grado last week. I sent them an email and they replied back with their address. I'll give them a call and see where they are at with it at the end of the week. I can't wait to get it back since I got some rega R1's
cool.gif

edit: I just called Grado and the lady on the phone said it'll be back in my hands next week...yay!

Oct 17, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #12 of 14
I just called Grado again and they haven't touched the stylus yet. The lady on the phone said maybe next week....
plainface.gif

I'll give them until next week. If its not done by then I'll request to have it shipped back and I'll contact Todd to get this darn thing repaired.

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #13 of 14
Hi Gloco,

I am sure Grado Labs will take very good care of you. I know they are swamped right now but I know they will get to your cartridge as fast as they can.

Todd

Oct 18, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Hi Gloco,

I am sure Grado Labs will take very good care of you. I know they are swamped right now but I know they will get to your cartridge as fast as they can.

Todd

Ah, that's good to know. I thought they may be taking their time on it if they were fixing it for free. Thanks for checking in Todd!

EDIT: I rec'd the replacement back...they sent me a new Grado gold cart! Nice! Now I gotta allign it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back