Damaged membrane Creative Aurvana Live
Mar 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wojtek12315

New Head-Fier
Hi
Firstly - i know it is only CAL, but it was my first better headphones, so do not laught.
I fell that i must repair them
Can I do sth with it? Or just only buy new parts (so another CAL, because it is hard to get parts to CAL)?
Here is photo:

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Ummm..I'm just wondering, did you take off the grille to get that nth detail and accidentally stabbed the diaphragm in the process? 

I guess the easiest way is to buy a broken pair and salvage the driver or buy a new pair. The Denon D1001K's driver is identical to those of the CAL!'s.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 7
But i do not want to buy another CAL. Why? Because this CAL on picture is my second (i bought them for some parts), but i realized, that I can repair them and have got two CALs :D
They were really cheap (and they are recabled :D). I bought them generally for this cabel, because i would pay the same price for recabling (so "cheaper" was to buy this CAL).
Can't I glue something to membrane? I know, that sound will be worst, but these are only "emergence headphones'.

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 7
This guy had a similar situation. I assume it's still producing sound, right?

I have CALs myself, and I love them to death! Who dares to laugh at us?

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 7
You could contact Creative lab to see what they propose, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? If there is an unbalanced sound because of this, you could even puncture the other side to even it out. Is there any changes to the sound, more airyness? more hollow? weaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back