Dallas, TX - "Deux for 2012", a not-quite-as-mini meet - Sunday, October 14th
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #92 of 163
... Or I'll be early since I start work at 5

what time is it starting?

my O2 amp broke conveniently right before the meet.

I'm surprised there isn't more activity this close to the meet

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #93 of 163
Think everyone's just waiting for Sunday to happen. 11 am is the start time.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #94 of 163
Driving up Saturday afternoon and staying through Monday night to see an art exhibit with local friends Monday night. 

And then when I get back in town I'll be getting my iPhone 5 finally...and adopting a Corgi. :D Entire week off next week.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #95 of 163
I'm glad to see other T50RPs will be at the meet, even if the other ones are professional. Should give me some idea of where to go with my pair.

Quote:
Driving up Saturday afternoon and staying through Monday night to see an art exhibit with local friends Monday night. 

And then when I get back in town I'll be getting my iPhone 5 finally...and adopting a Corgi. :D Entire week off next week.

You buy so many expensive things. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #97 of 163
Nice, I'm looking forward to this event! I have a pair of Denon d7ks along with a newly acquired Audiolab M-DAC =) I also have a Fiio E11 that I'll bring along... looking forward to meeting you guys!

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #98 of 163
Quote:
Nice, I'm looking forward to this event! I have a pair of Denon d7ks along with a newly acquired Audiolab M-DAC =) I also have a Fiio E11 that I'll bring along... looking forward to meeting you guys!

M-DAC!!!!!!!!

Awesome. Finally. Man I wanted to hear that DAC for a loong loong time. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #99 of 163
So here's the stuff I'll have with me...

Schiit Bifrost (non USB)
Schiit Mjolnir
Schiit Gungnir (non USB)
Bryston BHA-1
Rotel RDD980
Senn HD800

The Bifrost and Mjolnir will be available for purchase if anyone is interested. The Mjolnir is new and otherwise will be returned.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #100 of 163
So tempting. Looking forward to hearing it. 

Oh, and everybody bring CDs. Always need more music. Especially that damn Blackwater Park disc. :D

Quote:
So here's the stuff I'll have with me...
Schiit Bifrost (non USB)
Schiit Mjolnir
Schiit Gungnir (non USB)
Bryston BHA-1
Rotel RDD980
Senn HD800
The Bifrost and Mjolnir will be available for purchase if anyone is interested. The Mjolnir is new and otherwise will be returned.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #101 of 163
So here's my final list:

SR-009
Liquid Lightning
Cambridge 851C
Mac Book Pro 13.3" (Audirvana Plus)
Philips Uptown
iPod Nano 2G

Figured I'd bring the 2G in case anyone wants to compare the old iPod sound to the new stuff Apple's been tossing out there. Only thing I should need it some table space (which I'm sure Nick has covered). I'll bring my conditioner like last time so I won't be borrowing one. 

Probably be dragging a box of CDs with me to. Is there anything particular people want to hear? Then again, it's all on the computer.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #102 of 163
Cambridge 851C, Schiit Gungnir and Audiolab M-DAC. Three sources that I've had my eyes on but couldn't decide which one to get. If only someone owned an Audiolab 8200CD, then that would have been awesome. 

I would have loved to hear some Audio-Gd DACs as well but I guess they're not really popular among us:) 

Jelic... Please please please make it to the meet :) 

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #103 of 163
Quote:
Cambridge 851C, Schiit Gungnir and Audiolab M-DAC. Three sources that I've had my eyes on but couldn't decide which one to get. If only someone owned an Audiolab 8200CD, then that would have been awesome. 

I would have loved to hear some Audio-Gd DACs as well but I guess they're not really popular among us:) 

Jelic... Please please please make it to the meet :) 

I've got a Audio gd nfb-3 (old version) as my main DAC. It was at the last meet.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #104 of 163
Even with my current digital source there's a few I want to try. This one's up there...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hDeQcf1cQGe/p_022CD2000B/Yamaha-CD-S2000.html

One of the best looking CD players I've seen.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #105 of 163
I'll be bringing my T50RP, my ruined pair of sr60is, my grubDAC (cheapish DIY dac), and my laptop + burned CDs. I'll also be bringing my Q audio interconnects if anyone is interested.

I used to have an ipod, but it was stolen. Kind of bummed about that still.

I also might be bringing my friend, who would bring M50s and his O2 amp that I built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back