Daft Punk
Sep 14, 2005 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bobeau

Headphoneus Supremus
As someone who's still rather clueless about club music/electronica... I've had Daft Punk's Disover for awhile and just started to pay attention to it. I like it.

How exactly is this stuff classified, and what other groups should I look at?

Sep 14, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I have been a fan of Daft Punk since the start and if you like Discovery then I highly suggest that you pick up Homework from them. As far as a set classification that is a hard one as I see them transition from house to drum n' bass. If you are somewhat new to the dance/electronica music scene then might I suggest that you pick yourself up some Ministry of Sound CD's so that you can get a feel for all types of dance music.

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 3
I didn't like the latest one from them. I think the two previous one were better albums. Still, It can be interesting.

Lately... you might take a look at the last album from Mylo "Destroy Rock'n Roll" it present some analogies with some songs (not all of them, though).

I recommend the DVD "Intergalactica 555", Is a whole anime movie with the soundtrack based on "Discovery". The music matches with the action in every moment. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back