DAC + AMP and Headphones for Iphone
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 10
I think no. The E7 dac will only work with a pc/(ipad with cck??)-so it will only function as an amp.

You need a CLAS, fostex hp-p1, venturecraft go-dap or v-moda vamp if you want to bypass the iphone/ipod dac.

m50 should be ok on their own(unless you need more volume), their no going to improve that much with another dac.

try the denon audio app for a free eq app.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 10
The iPhone DAC is actually pretty decent, but it's amp doesn't have enough power to even drive my HD25s to volumes I prefer. I think you'd be fine with using the E7 simply as an amp, but I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD25-1 II headphones. They kick a whole lotta' ass. I run them with my Leckerton amp through my iPhone and I really couldn't ask for more from a portable rig. They sound good with virtually every genre.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, and a Fiio L cable for connecting to the iPhone's LOD port.
Audio Technica ATH-M50 are only $115 at The Sound Professional.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, and a Fiio L cable for connecting to the iPhone's LOD port.
Audio Technica ATH-M50 are only $115 at The Sound Professional.

If you can get the M50 at this price. I would not hestitate to buy one right away. The E11 will be good enough amp since you dont need a dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back