D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Feb 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #271 of 680
Anyone tried the D7 with the K701? I know it would be asking a LOT from such a small package but +/- 5v of voltage swing is pretty good...

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #272 of 680
Quote:
Silver looks nicer to me 
wink.gif

Quote:
Haha it really depends on your preference as well as the color of your other gears. Both colors look fantastic but I got the black one.
A red one will look cool though. Best suited for the 666 occasion.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
To make your choice "easier", I ordered a black one. Tough call!

Quote:
I think we have a winner - ha!

Quote:
I also went with black

Quote:
I take the black one also, recently I much enjoyed the D7 with a LD MKIII :)

Thanks for the input guys! I agree, a RED one would be awesome. Maybe I'll re-paint it once it comes... I got the black one though.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #275 of 680
You know what they say about going with black...

You didn't go with silver.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #276 of 680
I just got a package in the mail this afternoon - black D7. It's built quite nicely. It does seem to have a bit brighter of a presentation than my uDac-2 - possibly more detail. It's really too early to tell. It didn't require the driver download (netbook with XP), so it may have somehow recognized it as my Centrance Axeport (not a computer expert.) It says "XMOS USB 2.0 Audio" at the bottom of the volume control window, but also says "Centrance Playback Mixer" at the top. Not sure if I should install the iBasso driver at this point...maybe I will install the iBasso driver on my Windows 7 machine to see what comes out of it.

Sounds pretty good, but need time to acclimate...

etysmile.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #277 of 680

Quote:
I just got a package in the mail this afternoon - black D7. It's built quite nicely. It does seem to have a bit brighter of a presentation than my uDac-2 - possibly more detail. It's really too early to tell. It didn't require the driver download (netbook with XP), so it may have somehow recognized it as my Centrance Axeport (not a computer expert.) It says "XMOS USB 2.0 Audio" at the bottom of the volume control window, but also says "Centrance Playback Mixer" at the top. Not sure if I should install the iBasso driver at this point...maybe I will install the iBasso driver on my Windows 7 machine to see what comes out of it.

Sounds pretty good, but need time to acclimate...

etysmile.gif

Please give it time to burn in. There are just too many capacitors in the D7. The sound will become much better after 100hours (and more) of use. No brightness and the sound will become smoother and more open.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #281 of 680

Quote:
Please give it time to burn in. There are just too many capacitors in the D7. The sound will become much better after 100hours (and more) of use. No brightness and the sound will become smoother and more open.

I certainly will, thanks. I am looking forward to it (but will be patient!)

Oh, and on an unrelated note I did get it working with my Windows 7 machine (installed the driver and all is well.)

Quote:
I went with black for my previous DAC/amp... I guess that's why I couldn't go back to silver...
biggrin.gif

The black one looks sweet "in person". I think you will be pleased!

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #282 of 680

Quote:
Just popped for one too, wanted something to use with my Macbook Air, this will fit the bill perfectly.

Quote:
I ordered one on Friday but now I can't remember what color I ordered.  I guess it'll be a nice suirprise. 

Congrats, guys! Hopefully you will be burning yours in, too, in no time. They seem to ship fast to the majority, which is nice!

Just got done with a late night listen...

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #284 of 680
Just got mine last night. Surprisingly light and the black finish is great. My old D3 Python was a shiny, glossy finish. This is a soft finish, almost feels like a wet suit or something haha.

Build looks great and I love that they included rubber feet to stick on. Impressions to come—let me know if anyone wants pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back