d-jays:Made in Sweden?
Aug 13, 2007 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
After reading the thread about which headphones are not "made in china" i was wondering...are Jays IEMs made in sweden?or they are "made in china" like so many IEMs these days?

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 6
they're made in sweden, their website is www.jays.se (se = sweden)

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 6
Kramer, really? Wow thanks for the info.Not that I have a problem with china made gear ,I know Chinese can and do make some quality products,but c’mon….So much talking at their website about “Swedish engineering” “highly creative and artistic Swedish designers” etc etc …and they are from China? And no mention about this at jays.se: Their site lets you believe that d-jays is a Swedish product while its only a Swedish design .

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kramer, really? Wow thanks for the info.Not that I have a problem with china made gear ,I know Chinese can and do make some quality products,but c’mon….So much talking at their website about “Swedish engineering” “highly creative and artistic Swedish designers” etc etc …and they are from China? And no mention about this at jays.se: Their site lets you believe that d-jays is a Swedish product while its only a Swedish design .

Ever been to an Ikeya store?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't cry over it too much, afterall, they ARE designed by Jays in Sweden, but manufactured in China. Just surf all the late-friday, and poor Grado QC threads... How many RS-1s and lately RS-2s do you see being complained about?... Now... How many iGrado (made in China) complaints have you read about? I cant recall a SINGLE iGrado complaint. I also have not read a single Yuin QC complaint.

Its nothing new... Everyone raves about Toyota Camry and Honda Accord Japanese quality, Guess where those are made?... North America for both.

IMHO quality has very little to do with country of origin, you can find poor examples from all over the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back