d-JAYS are shipping!
Sep 29, 2006 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

epithetless

Headphoneus Supremus
For those of you awaiting the new line of in-ears by JAYS, they have officially released their first product: the d-JAYS. Prototype impressions were pretty favorable, so I'm eager for the reviews to start rolling in. Quick, all you cash-to-burn types -- snatch these up along with the metro.fi 2s and post, post, post!
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
For those of you awaiting the new line of in-ears by JAYS, they have officially released their first product: the d-JAYS. Prototype impressions were pretty favorable, so I'm eager for the reviews to start rolling in. Quick, all you cash-to-burn types -- snatch these up along with the metro.fi 2s and post, post, post!
tongue.gif

Why have there suddenly been an increase in entry-level IEMs? Prototype impressions were indeed highly encouraging. I'd like to know how the perform with classical and jazz. The ER6i (currently back-up) have served me for long enough and I'm ready for a change. From the official photos, the d-Jays look darn cool; makes the E2 look really ugly.

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Why have there suddenly been an increase in entry-level IEMs? Prototype impressions were indeed highly encouraging. I'd like to know how the perform with classical and jazz. The ER6i (currently back-up) have served me for long enough and I'm ready for a change. From the official photos, the d-Jays look darn cool; makes the E2 look really ugly.

They are really a special set of IEMs. Classical performance is probably its weakest point, but Jazz is fairly good. It has a very grado/akg like sound.

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
They are really a special set of IEMs. Classical performance is probably its weakest point, but Jazz is fairly good. It has a very grado/akg like sound.

Oh, it doesn't really matter, I can handle it
biggrin.gif

Grado/AKG sound is great. Having owned the SR325i and now the K701, all I can say is bravo to the guys at Grado and AKG. Obviously, I don't expect the d-Jay to have the same high-end sound.
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Even the 'iGrados' have a better name for the love of God...

I'd say that's up for debate...

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Why have there suddenly been an increase in entry-level IEMs?

milkpowder, I was wondering that myself. My supposition is that it has very much to do with the "iPod effect" in today's culture (I say that without judgement), where vast amounts of music have become more widely accessible than ever before. With the current emphasis on compactness and portability, it makes sense that smaller earphones have risen in popularity. It also makes sense that more and more people are discovering the inadequacy of traditional earbuds in an on-the-go climate. Enter the noise-blocking canalphone for non-audiophile consumers. It seems this is a market just ripe for the tapping...and, luckily for us, the big names in the IEM industry are a natural fit for this new market; they just have to scale down their well-established pro-grade products for a wider audience. Thus quality audio is brought to the masses. And the masses rejoice. Amen.

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
milkpowder, I was wondering that myself. My supposition is that it has very much to do with the "iPod effect" in today's culture (I say that without judgement), where vast amounts of music has become more widely accessible than ever before. With the current emphasis on compactness and portability, it makes sense that smaller earphones have risen in popularity. It also makes sense that more and more people are discovering the inadequacy of traditional earbuds in an on-the-go climate. Enter the noise-blocking canalphone for non-audiophile consumers. It seems this is a market just ripe for the tapping...and, luckily for us, the big names in the IEM industry are a natural fit for this new market; they just have to scale down their well-established pro-grade products for a wider audience. Thus quality audio is brought to the masses. And the masses rejoice. Amen.

I agree. Back when I was in the market for a pair of entry level earphones, the only real choices were the ER6i and the E3c... I still remember the tremendous hype the ER6i created.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back