Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
Oct 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #61 of 186
I called david at cypher labs , the his is low and it does stop when music starts the Same thing happens with the alo mk3b amp .

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #63 of 186

I am not sure but as far as I can remember, the hiss in the Mk3b is much louder than the 720.

+1 --- the hiss level on Theorem is softer and lesser...

I called david at cypher labs , the his is low and it does stop when music starts the Same thing happens with the alo mk3b amp .

Actually, the hiss is still noticeable with sensitive IEMs (even though really soft) at very low volume of listening when music is playing, at my regular listening level (or let say above 20% of volume) the hissing is actually "gone away", however, i am not too sure in a sense that they are really 100% disappeared OR is it actually still there together with music but not hear-able anymore because the volume is now higher. To me personally, no problem at all, but i do hate hissing amp (and Theorem still acceptable for me).

Btw...just want to share with you guys, the Theorem with Parterre is a VERY wonderful match. I think this could be my favorite IEMs setup for a long time (if not forever). I found a very good synergy going on between them, the sound is very organic, analog sounded and so much clarity and details on it with a very good weight along with the sound, it is just so unbelievably good :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #64 of 186
Hi guys, a genuine noob question...y would you guys accept hiss for high end portable amp?

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #65 of 186
Hi guys, a genuine noob question...y would you guys accept hiss for high end portable amp?

You're right. But when music is playing I can't hear the hiss and then the sound quality is awesome. But you're right yes, it's not really acceptable if you look at it like that

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #66 of 186

This my personal opinion only:
The amp with no hiss is indeed more preferable (to most of people). I have some other portable amps that capable of driving full-size cans, but without the hissing problem to the sensitive IEMs. However, at the end, how each individual amp performing "the SQ" is the most important to me...and somehow the hissing problem as far as they do not over the limit, they considered to be fine and not as important as the SQ factor.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #67 of 186

I do not have a habit to focus on any imperfection aspect of the stuffs I bought. For the amp, when it sounds great then it is great no matter hiss occurs when music is not play. I bought it to listen to music instead of let the player stop and hear the hiss.

However, to the RX MK3 case, the hiss is unacceptable to me as it still there when the music play. I, personally, hate hiss but for the Theorem, its sound quality is good enough and its hiss is low enough for me to enjoy my music.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #69 of 186
Maybe your androids phone might run out battery even before the amps runs out 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #73 of 186
I've got one of these coming on Friday and will post my thoughts, was a tough decision between this and hifi m8, hope I made the right choice

I'd be very interested in your thoughts. I'm going through the same decision making process, M8 or Theorem. I personally want the best sounding DAC section so I can hook it up to my 300B tube amp at home. I'm hoping to be able to test these side by side in the next few months.

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #74 of 186

I've got one of these coming on Friday and will post my thoughts, was a tough decision between this and hifi m8, hope I made the right choice

I'd be very interested in your thoughts. I'm going through the same decision making process, M8 or Theorem. I personally want the best sounding DAC section so I can hook it up to my 300B tube amp at home. I'm hoping to be able to test these side by side in the next few months.

I've been using the Theorem with my 300B amp. I also tried the HifiM8 but the DAC section of the Theorem is obviously better and more musical. The M8 might have more power but the theorem's amp part is more refined as well. Sure the M8 has more mid body and punch and the Theorem hisses with iems, but to me the SQ of the Theorem was over all better.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #75 of 186
I find Theorem's DAC combined with Glacier is very good for my Beyers...Theorem's DAC has more gain compared to CLASdb, its a bit warmer and fuller sound, with Glacier, seems like they able to create some sort of a clean tubey sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back