Cypher Labs earphone
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
So I just got an emailer from Cypher Labs saying they have a new earphone out. Searched HF, and nothing about it yet to my amazement. Hopefully hasn't been posted somewhere already and I missed it...

http://www.cypherlabs.com/product/c6iem-balanced-armature-earphones/

I'm a bit cautious about their description that "it's all about that bass", and it's been tuned for high highs and deep bass. Sure hope it doesn't prove to be a hugely 'U' shaped sig. 

Thoughts, info, etc... 

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 10
Info states triple driver in the email I received:

41a01c80-e534-4b25-b31f-27456b70c6eb.jpg

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 10
From the product description

"Using transducer drivers instead of the traditional dynamic driver so we can tune the output for high highs and deep bass."

I don't think the one writing the description is heavily involved in the technical and design department...

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 10

From the product description

"Using transducer drivers instead of the traditional dynamic driver so we can tune the output for high highs and deep bass."

Wow, advanced 
wink.gif

Erm... the point is that a dynamic driver IS a transducer... So they are saying that "instead of using a transducer, we are now using a transducer", which makes no sense at all.

Most likely they meant to say:

"Using balanced armature drivers instead of the traditional dynamic driver so we can tune the output for high highs and deep bass."

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 10
  Most likely they meant to say:

"Using balanced armature drivers instead of the traditional dynamic driver so we can tune the output for high highs and deep bass."

I think so too. It is very strange they did not have an engineer to proofread it before they published. But then again, a lot of product descriptions are full of mumbo jumbo 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back